PDA

View Full Version : Lotus Notes - Calender Only Sync

magiaone
09-12-2006, 08:47 PM
Hello, new to this BB thing, so far love it. Basically got the BB because my company banned camera phones (V3) so I got this 7290 off EBAY. My question is I need to sync just my calender, I dont want to sync email as I my Corp. wont support me (our snr. managers have them) I tried using the PIM manager function but it will not let me pick LN. It will let me sync with the ASCII files, but what target file should I from LN? I know it must be an .ini file or something. Any help is appreciated! just downloaded 4.2 will see if that works out any better tomorrow.

emale
09-12-2006, 09:04 PM
What version Notes you using? You should see it as a translator, is it greyed out or is it missing from the list? In the options for the LN translator you can browse to a mailfile.nsf

o2bnme
09-13-2006, 12:23 PM
Hello, new to this BB thing, so far love it. Basically got the BB because my company banned camera phones (V3) so I got this 7290 off EBAY. My question is I need to sync just my calender, I dont want to sync email as I my Corp. wont support me (our snr. managers have them) I tried using the PIM manager function but it will not let me pick LN. It will let me sync with the ASCII files, but what target file should I from LN? I know it must be an .ini file or something. Any help is appreciated! just downloaded 4.2 will see if that works out any better tomorrow.

If you have the most recent Desktop Manager, you should be able to select Notes as your calendar choice. I just did it a couple of weeks ago with no issues (For the 7130c). I do not have BES at this point (don't want to pay for the monthly charge).

o2bnme
09-13-2006, 12:47 PM
I should add that I sync my Notes calendar and all other sync components come from my Outlook PST file.

I found that if you store your bookmarks in an Outlook Notepad object and sync that down to the BB, you can get all your bookmarks -- and find that they are very easily accessible without going through menus. I find this less cumbersome.

magiaone
09-14-2006, 09:15 PM
I havent had time to try loading up the 4,2 version yet. I have the 4.1 and it has the LN choices, however, as soon as I clicked on the LN option the OK button would gray out and not let me click OK, if I hit cancel it didnt take my choice. Right now I am syncing thru my PDA via the PIM importer which is a pain. Using LN 6.something

magiaone
09-18-2006, 06:04 PM
had the same issue even with the 4.2 software, still I used the ASCII importer and pointed the device to the mail.nsf and its at least syncing with that. Still dont know why it wont sync directly with LN.