PDA

View Full Version : Importing Address book

Gary Parsons
09-12-2006, 10:38 PM
Hi everyone. Been a long time since I was here. I had the 7780 and the discussions got outdated for my lacking technology. I am now the proud new owner of the 8700.

I had the tech from Rogers on the phone for 2 hours today. I put my old SIM card in the new 8700. We got everything transfered over (notes, calendar, existing emaisl etc). So far so good ... wait.

When we tried to import my Outlook Contact lists (289 items) from the PC using InteliSync it crashes at item 111 and will not import anymore. There does not seem to be any logic to the ones failing to import.

We did everything he/we could come up with. He has now sent a request to RIM for investigation.

Has anyone had this problem and what is the workaround?

Thanks

d_fisher
09-12-2006, 10:42 PM
I have seen issues in the past with a corrupt contact that would cause this problem. What I ended up doing was looking at the Intellisync log file and figured out which contact was the issue. Modified or deleted that specific contact and the sync finished fine. Might be worth a shot.

Gary Parsons
09-12-2006, 11:47 PM
Thats what the TEch guys thought was ... a corrupted file in the Contacts. How do I know which is corrupted???????

Also, I sync'd constantly with my old 7780 without any problem.

adamlau
09-13-2006, 01:47 AM
Sync to Time & Chaos (http://www.chaossoftware.com/chaos.asp) to run its database verification and repair utility before syncing back to Outlook. Works for me.

Nattis1977
09-19-2006, 10:31 AM
Thats what the TEch guys thought was ... a corrupted file in the Contacts. How do I know which is corrupted???????

Also, I sync'd constantly with my old 7780 without any problem.
I have the same problem!!!I have 1664 contact and it has just sincronized 400. What can I do?Please help