PDA

View Full Version : Problems with desktop software and 3G card

StevieM
09-13-2006, 05:02 AM
I am hoping someone here can help.

My MD has a 8700v, he uses it mainly for the calendar and contacts and wants to sync this with Outlook on his new laptop. We installed the desktop software and so far so good, it all works.

He now has an Option Fusion 3g card (from Orange) to enable him to connect to the Internet while out of the office.

The issue is, as soon as we load the 3g card software, the Blackberry desktop software stops working!! If we reinstall the Blackberry desktop software the 3G card stops working.

Any help greatly appreciated.

tankee531
09-13-2006, 06:19 AM
which version of BES are you on?

calendar and contact can be wirelessly synced, so you do not need the desktop manager to sync them

StevieM
09-13-2006, 06:23 AM
We are not using BES. he has it running local form his home PC, emails are forwarded.

BBAdmin
09-13-2006, 06:52 AM
Strange problem, but obviously some software compatibility issue. We have a bunch of computers with both Desktop Manager and the 3g data card software for the Vodafone 3G cards and have no problems at all, so i'm inclined to think that it may be the Orange software that's causing you problems. The Vodafone data cards are (like the Orange ones) also Option Fusion cards, so I think between our two configuration setups it's fair to say the only variable is the Orange software. Option do not write the software in either networks card, they only provide the drivers by the way.

StevieM
09-16-2006, 09:18 AM
Is it possible to install the Option drivers without the Orange/Vodaphone software?

I have searched for the drivers on their own but cannot find them.