PDA

View Full Version : BB 7100T Running VERY Slow

dsoltyka
09-13-2006, 11:35 AM
Recently my blackberry has become alot less responcive than usual. Any themes i use other then the defualt tmobile theme are RIDICULOUSLY laggy. I was wondering if there are any tips or tricks to getting this thing to run faster...maybe a full backup and OS wipe or something.

Also, I tried the Zen theme...which is awesome, but its really too slow to be practical. Is there any way to have this run smoothly on the 7100t?

drgoodtymes
09-13-2006, 12:10 PM
When my wife had her 7100t, I had to take it back down to OS 4.0. 4.1 with themes was just two slow for her. IMHO the processor on the 7100t just can't quite cut it for the themes

dsoltyka
09-13-2006, 12:14 PM
im inclined to agree at this point. a shame really.

lizyd
09-13-2006, 03:48 PM
my 7100t has the same problem of moving VERY slowly. the response time is terrible. it takes several seconds for anything to happen after I click or scroll. I didn't buy it new - my brother just gave it to me since he "never used it anyway." and he bought it refurbished. I'd loooove to know how to fix it since it's such a great phone. :\

ToeRag
09-14-2006, 01:07 PM
Recently my blackberry has become alot less responcive than usual. Any themes i use other then the defualt tmobile theme are RIDICULOUSLY laggy. I was wondering if there are any tips or tricks to getting this thing to run faster...maybe a full backup and OS wipe or something.

Also, I tried the Zen theme...which is awesome, but its really too slow to be practical. Is there any way to have this run smoothly on the 7100t?

my 7100i started doing the same thing ..

I un-loaded a bunch of (games) software that I really wasn't using and then removed the battery for a few minutes and re-installed and turn-on and everything was back to normal speed.

FightingDevil
09-14-2006, 08:02 PM
I just picked up a 7105t and am having the same issue....even a hard reset won't help. Zen is a complete dog, it seems that only the 'Bell' theme seems to be working OK. I loaded 4.1 today....should I downgrade?