PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Yahoo Mail on Cingular

jbibbs
09-13-2006, 01:21 PM
Ok, I searched but was unable to locate this problem. My Yahoo e-mail accounts worked just fine when I had my T-Mobile blackberry service but when I switched over to Cingular last week I suddenly became unable to setup my Blackberry to access my Yahoo accounts. It keeps giving me an error message saying that an error occured. I've called TS but they are unable to help me. Any ideas??

RIM lacky
09-13-2006, 10:47 PM
Yes. If you aren't paying Yahoo! for pop access, you will NOT be able to integrate the account on the Cingular BIS page. "Free" Yahoo! accounts are not supported by Cingular, neither are free or paying Hotmail accounts.

Postalrecon
09-13-2006, 11:02 PM
Yes. If you aren't paying Yahoo! for pop access, you will NOT be able to integrate the account on the Cingular BIS page. "Free" Yahoo! accounts are not supported by Cingular, neither are free or paying Hotmail accounts.

get your facts straight bro, you can set up a free hotmail account with cingular just fine, now yahoo on the other hand, not happening

RIM lacky
09-13-2006, 11:17 PM
I have my facts straight "bro". I sat on a call here for 2 hours trying to setup some guys hotmail account on Cingular about 3 weeks ago, and it didn't work. Now, unless they recently changed that, than it still isn't possible. I have no way of knowing whether or not they changed it, unless I had someone call in and ask me about it.

Postalrecon
09-13-2006, 11:18 PM
inless its a robbers wireless problem "bro" give it a shot and let me know what your phone tells you

jbibbs
09-14-2006, 11:49 AM

That's all fine and dandy but I am not using the free Yahoo service. I pay my $20 a year or whatever the hell the charge is just so I can use it with my Blackberry. I'm giving up on it, i'll just move all my email to someplace else and get a pro-rated refund from Yahoo.

WANNABB
09-14-2006, 08:26 PM
Go for gmail. It works great with my 8700C. Instant push. If you need an invite, PM me and I'll send you one.

abbstrack
09-16-2006, 09:56 PM
im using yahoo as well, and I too pay the $20 yearly fee for POP forwarding. I havent received a yahoo email on my bberry since 9/12. I've resent service books as well as removed and re-added the yahoo account. If anyone has any other suggestions i'd be glad to hear them.

JerryD
09-17-2006, 06:01 AM
I'm in NYC on Cingular - 8700c. Just checked, and all my Yahoo email is coming in fine, showing up with no more than a 15 minute delay which is what it should be.

That said, I've seen postings here many times about people having problems with Cingular / Yahoo email when I haven't seen any problem. Maybe it has more to do with the Yahoo email server you're on.

abbstrack
09-17-2006, 08:36 AM
yeah this is pretty weird. mail forwarding through pop worked well for over a month, and then one day last week i just stopped recieving mail. i do have a gmail account which i also get on my blackberry, but i've had this yahoo account for 10 years so its not so simple to just switch at this point.

[edit] ok really wierd, just went to my cingular blackberry account online, clicked on edit account for my yahoo account, viewed the settings made no changes, then logged out. suddenly 101 yahoo emails from the past few days show up on my blackberry.