PDA

View Full Version : grrr. email problem

kmccarthy
09-13-2006, 06:29 PM
my email stopped working all of a sudden. I clicked the "set up internet email" icon. it says that i dont have a valid tmobile number and blah blah blah. I called tmobile and they acted like i was the only one in the world with that problem and they said "give it time". I am not a very happy camper because I am about to buy a "pearl" and if my email doesnt work what is the point of spending even more money. can someone please help? Thanks in advance,

Kevin

mkatari
09-13-2006, 06:37 PM
I have a t-mobile 8700g. Got it 2 weeks ago. Getting my emails fine. In fact I got one as I was typing.
When I got the phone it took a couple of hours to start working but hasn't stopped since.

kmccarthy
09-13-2006, 06:40 PM
I have a t-mobile 8700g. Got it 2 weeks ago. Getting my emails fine. In fact I got one as I was typing.
When I got the phone it took a couple of hours to start working but hasn't stopped since.

thats great to hear. mine worked fine for about 2 months but just gave up or something.

takeshi
09-14-2006, 08:52 AM
There are some standard troubleshooting steps to take:

- Do you have GPRS near the signal strength indicator? If not, you won't get email.
- Try pulling the battery to reset. Sometimes the device gets stuck and needs a hard reset to get it working again.
- Sometimes service books can get corrupted or deleted. You can resend the service books via your carrier's BIS web site or you can also try Options->Advanced->Host Routing Table, click on the wheel and choose Register Now.

There are so many factors that can affect mail delivery that you really have to narrow down what the actual issue is.

kmccarthy
09-15-2006, 06:15 PM

- Do you have GPRS near the signal strength indicator? If not, you won't get email.
- Try pulling the battery to reset. Sometimes the device gets stuck and needs a hard reset to get it working again.
- Sometimes service books can get corrupted or deleted. You can resend the service books via your carrier's BIS web site or you can also try Options->Advanced->Host Routing Table, click on the wheel and choose Register Now.

There are so many factors that can affect mail delivery that you really have to narrow down what the actual issue is.

how do i resend service books? i tried houst routing table and that didnt work.

thanks,

kevin

kmccarthy
09-15-2006, 06:18 PM

btw it says "EDGE" at the top

Pizzle
09-15-2006, 08:46 PM