PDA

View Full Version : Wrong phone if I'm not on a corporate network?

deltaskye
09-14-2006, 08:32 AM
I received the 7130e yesterday, via Verizon Wireless. I bought it to be able to get email while traveling. I'm trying to set up corporate email access.

When the user guide mentions having access to BB Enterprise Server, is it referring to having this software on the BB device, or on a corporate network server?

I am not on a network, I simply get my POP email via Outlook on my notebook only -- it's my corporate email that's hosted by web.com, which also hosts my website.

So is BB Enterprise Server meant to be used by people like me? Do I have the right BB for this email configuration?

Thanks.

CletusJones
09-14-2006, 10:50 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7100i/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/103)

I don't have access to a BES either. Since you're using pop mail, why not set it up through BIS? I get mail from several accounts that way, its very quick. You just have to give it your mail server's name and Login info, it does the rest.

deltaskye
09-14-2006, 11:22 AM
I've begun trying to use BIS. Got to the place where the BB interface told me to download and install the mail connector application. Can you tell me where to find this? If it's on the BB Desktop Software I installed, it's not obvious. A search at the BB website for downloads didn't turn up anything either.