PDA

View Full Version : Where do I get the mail connector application?

deltaskye
09-14-2006, 10:39 AM
I'm slowly working my way through configuring email access on my 7130e. BB interface told me to download and install the mail connector application, and then the screen went blank before I could read the rest of the instructions.

Where do I get the download file? thnx

fizz
09-14-2006, 12:13 PM
I'm slowly working my way through configuring email access on my 7130e. BB interface told me to download and install the mail connector application, and then the screen went blank before I could read the rest of the instructions.

Where do I get the download file? thnx

If your talking about what you need to set up additional POP email accounts then you'd need to access BIS via your service providers website. You just have to long in or you should be able to do so through email settings on your phone, depending on whether you have Verizon or Sprint.

deltaskye
09-14-2006, 12:24 PM
I'm trying to set up email access using my BB. I have DSL through Verizon, but use another email account that's provided by the company that hosts my domain, website and personal email account (web.com).

So I don't know which of these parties -- BB, Verizon DSL, Verizon Wireless, or web.com -- provides this main connector application. When I contacted web.com, their tech response was to provide me their server address data to use in setting up BB email. They didn't tell me to download anything or do anything else.

So this mail connector application must come from BB, Verizon DSL, or VZW?

fizz
09-14-2006, 01:23 PM
It comes from whoever your BB service provider is (ie:Verizon or Sprint), whoever you have the Blackberry plan with. Every provider has a BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) login page to set up an email address for your BB, and to add email accounts to your BB to be "pushed" to your BB.

deltaskye
09-14-2006, 01:50 PM
I called VZW and he sent me to a BB web page (dedicated to VSW) and walked me through it...apparently I was not supposed to download a mail connector anywhere. Mssion accomplished! Thanks so much...I tried to find something like this on my on at the BB site using the Searc function but couldn't get it to come up.

fizz
09-14-2006, 02:24 PM
no problem glad i could help.