PDA

View Full Version : Where do files on device get stored?

javellino
09-14-2006, 10:49 AM
I was trying out some of the apps to move files from the desktop to the 8700. (XLS, DOC, PPT, ...) On the desktop software, I see the folder that represents the device where I drag files to. But where are the files on the device? I tried figuring out how to find those files on the device but can't for the life of me.

Cocooningweb
09-14-2006, 11:33 AM
Which software do you use to do that? I didn't know it was possible.

javellino
09-14-2006, 02:35 PM
The latest one that I am trialing is eFile. It has eWord, eother stuff. You can move the file over as part of it. The PPT and PDF viewer didn't work well, but you can open a Word doc that you move over.

My concern ... I move the file over, the app crashes at the desktop (not that it did), and I can't get the file - which takes up space - off of the device. So I was trying to find out where it puts the file in case I ever needed to "dig down", find it, and delete it.

jibi
09-14-2006, 02:39 PM
They are most likely stored in an application user database on the handheld (for example, ringtones, pictures, etc. that are downloaded are put in the Content Store user database). I'm not sure with the eFile product, though.