PDA

View Full Version : New BB (RIM) Leather Holster???

sasquatch
09-14-2006, 12:41 PM
New holster to come out soon for the 8700 series, as well as for other models.(it'll come in different colors, too)

Here: BlackBerry Accessories Store - Product Detail (http://www.shopblackberry.com/_blackberryaccessories/cgi-bin/pd.cgi?frompage=category_by_model&page=product_detail&fromcategory=BlackBerry+8700g&category=BlackBerry+8700g&pid=F2222CG685XR22B488E)

Looks SWEET! I may just jump in and get one when they're available.
But would anyone be willing to do a review of this case first?

I've had mixed results with OEM RIM products...
but this case looks GREAT!

whsbuss
09-14-2006, 01:01 PM
New holster to come out soon for the 8700 series, as well as for other models.(it'll come in different colors, too)

Here: BlackBerry Accessories Store - Product Detail (http://www.shopblackberry.com/_blackberryaccessories/cgi-bin/pd.cgi?frompage=category_by_model&page=product_detail&fromcategory=BlackBerry+8700g&category=BlackBerry+8700g&pid=F2222CG685XR22B488E)

Nice find. Not sure I crazy about that clip. The OEM Leather case currently out has the best-yet ratchet clip. Stays close to your body.

Interesting about notification profiles being configured.

sasquatch
09-14-2006, 01:51 PM
I guess I should have posted this in the BB Reviews section, right?

...just so damn excited about this case, though. The new ratchet clip looks a lot like Seidio's ratchet clip they use on their cases.

Kriz
09-14-2006, 02:38 PM
Nice find. Not sure I crazy about that clip. The OEM Leather case currently out has the best-yet ratchet clip. Stays close to your body.

Interesting about notification profiles being configured.
I agree...the current OEM case is nice..I really like how it covers all the top of the BB when the flap is down..Great case

dkf747
09-14-2006, 07:56 PM
I agree...the current OEM case is nice..I really like how it covers all the top of the BB when the flap is down..Great case

The only downside is that you can't see the notification LED. The new case seems to solve that problem.

cmhn12
09-14-2006, 08:46 PM
i just dont know about the flap at the tops of all the OEM RIM cases...i very much like the "actiave" case for the 72XX that fits the 8700 very well just dosent have a "click" clip

rene
09-14-2006, 09:02 PM
I have to admit I like the looks of this one too. It's probably the first leather case I've seen that I like. Just wondering the clasp on the top. Looking forward to reading a review on this one.

rene

Stinsonddog
09-14-2006, 10:56 PM
I think that's a great looking case and I have always liked their swivels. These guys really ought to figure out how to release this type of case with the product roll out.

whsbuss
09-15-2006, 08:20 AM
I think that's a great looking case and I have always liked their swivels. These guys really ought to figure out how to release this type of case with the product roll out.

Hopefully someone will do a review of this case. I'd like to know of the inside is felt or valour lined and if the clip is a snap or magnet.

pulrang
09-15-2006, 09:15 AM
Check out the T-Mobile leather case. Very low profile clip and you can see the LED. Not a great ratchet in the swivel though but good enough for the 19.99 they get for the case.

Kriz
09-15-2006, 10:47 AM
Good call....the vertical one looks nice also. I never understand why T-Mobile is always cheaper on accessories than Cingular...even the chargers are cheaper. I wonder if the 8700c is the same size and can use the same charger...

NJBlackBerry
09-15-2006, 02:18 PM
Check out the T-Mobile leather case. Very low profile clip and you can see the LED. Not a great ratchet in the swivel though but good enough for the 19.99 they get for the case.
I got one this morning and I really don't like it, for two reasons: 1) The sleeper magnet function does not work (at least on the one I have) and I like that feature, 2) The Pearl moves around a bit inside the case and that lights up the BB... I have complained to T-Mobile corporate, but it's just an accessory...

pulrang
09-16-2006, 10:31 PM
I got one this morning and I really don't like it, for two reasons: 1) The sleeper magnet function does not work (at least on the one I have) and I like that feature, 2) The Pearl moves around a bit inside the case and that lights up the BB... I have complained to T-Mobile corporate, but it's just an accessory...

I thought we were talking about cases for the 8700, not the pearl? Is there a specific case for the pearl now too? My experience is with the 8700g case and it has been exemplary.

NJBlackBerry
09-16-2006, 10:55 PM
Oops - there are so many threads about Pearl cases I thought this was one and glossed right past the 8700 reference. I have plenty of good 8700 cases :-)

sasquatch
09-18-2006, 01:56 PM
I have the T-Mobile leather swivel case for the 8700g, too. It's very well made, good leather, great buy for $19.95. My biggest gripe about it is that the magnetic latch is too loose. When the 8700 is in the case, the magnets are a bit out of alignment, so the magnetic connection is weak.
This new BB case looks a lot like the T-Mobile leather case, but looks like it will have a better clasp and swivel clip.

And for those wondering, this new RIM lambskin case will probably have a magnetic clasp. I don't think they'd put a snap clasp on it (at least I hope not).

whsbuss
09-18-2006, 03:22 PM
I have the T-Mobile leather swivel case for the 8700g, too. It's very well made, good leather, great buy for $19.95. My biggest gripe about it is that the magnetic latch is too loose. When the 8700 is in the case, the magnets are a bit out of alignment, so the magnetic connection is weak.
This new BB case looks a lot like the T-Mobile leather case, but looks like it will have a better clasp and swivel clip.

And for those wondering, this new RIM lambskin case will probably have a magnetic clasp. I don't think they'd put a snap clasp on it (at least I hope not).

Hope you're correct about the magentic clasp. Its a nice looking case!

whoozer
09-20-2006, 02:03 AM
THANK YOU FORTTE! All cases aside. I just got two custom Fortte cases both a lateral and a vertical case and I love them both soooooo much. Fortte took the time to do everything I asked for exactly.AWESOME. How much better does it get?????THANKS FORTTE! And a forum discount!

whsbuss
10-02-2006, 04:38 PM

This case is due out on Friday 10/06/06. I hope someone can post a review in the BBF Reviews forum before I shell out the $35 buck.

whoscalling
10-02-2006, 05:01 PM
Looks like the strap might also help in avoiding the muffling of the ringer that the full flap caused.

Isn't it Murphy's law, I finally ordered the current RIM leather case (which is in the mail as we speak), and they release a new one.

J.W.
10-02-2006, 07:02 PM
I'm waiting for the BB hydrofoam case. Never did care much for the contrasting stitching.