PDA

View Full Version : Typing Question/ringer question

goldfish
09-14-2006, 05:58 PM
This may be a dumb question but I can't figure out how to move a cursor when i'm typing. In other words, if I see a misspell in the middle of a sentence, how do I get back to it without deleting everything before it?

Also, is there a way to have the ringer on vibrate but the email alert silent?

rene
09-14-2006, 09:11 PM
Welcome goldfish to the forums. You should try searching around as there are many great links provided that offer helpful hints.

That being said, not long ago I too was a new user (still am I guess by most peoples experiences here) so here's some help...

To correct a spelling error, simply hold the alt key and use your scroll wheel to move the cursor one character at a time in either direction. Stop on the character after the one you wish to delete/replace, then hit delete and type in the correct character.

As for your other question, go into your Profiles. From there select a profile and choose edit. Within there you will be able to tweak your settings the way you like.

I hope this helps (hope I didn't make any mistakes with these directions?)
Rene.

goldfish
09-14-2006, 10:44 PM
Welcome goldfish to the forums. You should try searching around as there are many great links provided that offer helpful hints.

That being said, not long ago I too was a new user (still am I guess by most peoples experiences here) so here's some help...

To correct a spelling error, simply hold the alt key and use your scroll wheel to move the cursor one character at a time in either direction. Stop on the character after the one you wish to delete/replace, then hit delete and type in the correct character.

As for your other question, go into your Profiles. From there select a profile and choose edit. Within there you will be able to tweak your settings the way you like.

I hope this helps (hope I didn't make any mistakes with these directions?)
Rene.
Rene, that works. thank you so much. i'm actually not that new, just been struggling with it and too lazy to get an answer. :oops:

takeshi
09-15-2006, 10:49 AM
Rule of thumb is that the trackwheel moves up/down on its own and side-to-side if you hold the alt key while using the trackwheel.