PDA

View Full Version : Enabling Vodafone BIS (UK)???

Empgamer
09-15-2006, 01:39 AM
I have just swapped an Orange Blackberry for a Vodafone one (both set up and run on BES) and with Orange it was simple to enable BIS as well by going to 'Blackberry.orange.co.uk', create an account by entering the PIN and IMEI and then enter e-mail addresses you wished sent to the Blackberry and it was all set up. I know you should be able to do it via the Blackberry browser but ours (work) are not browser enabled. Despite this I got the Orange one set up fine but can't for the life of me find any Vodafone mail/BIS site that will enable me to do the same thing??? Any ideas? I'm beginning to wonder if Voda have such a facility and if, despite, converage at home, whether switching to them was a good idea!!!!!

jax
09-15-2006, 04:25 AM
Here's a link to the Vodafone UK BIS site:

Vodafone Mobile Email (http://www.mobileemail.vodafone.net/)

Good luck!

Les Armitage
09-15-2006, 04:27 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7130/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/120)

Vodafone is just the same. Mobileemail.Vodafone.net is exactly the same software portal as the Orange. They are BB rebadged.

Les Armitage
09-15-2006, 04:28 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7130/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/120)

Vodafone is just the same. Mobileemail.Vodafone.net is exactly the same software portal as the Orange. They are BB rebadged.

Empgamer
09-15-2006, 04:32 AM
Many thanks for the link, done it. I actually tried to configure it via the Orange link but when I input the IMEI and PIN it said 'Not valid numbers for this Service provider' so there must be something different. Don't know why Voda make the site so darned hard to find!!! I tried about every search combo I could think of and must have visited every link on their site.

Puzzler
09-15-2006, 06:09 AM
Out of curiousity, why did you leave Orange BB for Vodaphone??

chrishow
09-15-2006, 08:55 AM
Orange Blackberry support should be able to release you PIN from their systems, which will allow you to register on the Vodafone BIS site.

metrodon
09-15-2006, 09:41 AM
anyone know when voda are going to upgrade BIS?

Dan Dare
09-15-2006, 05:59 PM
Orange Blackberry support should be able to release you PIN from their systems, which will allow you to register on the Vodafone BIS site.

By the sounds of it this is a new Vodafone handset and not the original Orange handset so no PIN release required. The BES administrator relased the Orange PIN and reconfigured the account with the Voda PIN. However if they had simply unlocked the Orange Handset and placed a Voda SIM with BB enabled then both BES and BIS e-mail would have been delivered to the handset.

I would recommend that you revisit the orange site and remove your pop3 settings as someone who places a BB enabled Orange SIM card in your old Orange BB may well get access to your mail.