PDA

View Full Version : My number not showing up (Voda - UK)?

Empgamer
09-15-2006, 04:41 AM
Final one as I attempt to get this configured. The booklet says when you press the green key the device telephone number should come up at top of the phone home screen. When I press it it merely says 'My number: Unknown'. I can make and receive calls on the device however. I even know (as a result of making one) what the number is and tried to adjust it by using 'Advanced Options' 'SIM' but that just says 'SIM blocked'.

Out IT guys phoned someone at Voda who just said the function is not available??? Seems odd that it doesn't even seem to know what it's own number is, surely it should just take it from the SIM. Days of modern technology and Voda seem to expect you to carry a scrap of paper round with your number on it? Surely she must have it wrong?

Do other Voda devices display number OK and/or anyone else have or know how to resolve? I've mailed Voda to see if I can get a clearer answer.

Gareth.Hooper
09-15-2006, 05:04 AM
Do you have CLI enabled against your account.

Call Line Identity

Empgamer
09-15-2006, 05:23 AM
Yes. Show number is set to yes and hide ID is set to no. It does send the number when dialling.

Gareth.Hooper
09-15-2006, 05:26 AM
I am referring to the Carrier enabling CallerID,CLI,CLIR whatever it maybe called under Vodafone UK, against your account. I am on Vodafone SA and have to have that enabled if I wish to view numbers.