PDA

View Full Version : Rogers (Ontario/USA) 8700 & Network Issues

RIM_Next_Door
09-15-2006, 09:48 PM
This posting is only for Ontario Roger's customers that travel through Buffalo and back into Ontario. I'm hoping someone else has noticed this?

I fly a lot. Being a midsized organization we fly out of Buffalo (go jetBlue), and drive from Ontario. I can drive to the the Buffalo airport, get on my plane, go anywhere in the USA, get back on the plane, land in Buffalo, get in the car and cross the border back into Downtown Canada (Ontario) and about 10 minutes after crossing back into Ontario - my 8700 stops processing e-mails. It seems when I cross back into Ontario, I go from Cingular or T-Mobile back to Rogers and it stops processing e-mail. Weird? Yes, because it has happened 5 times in 2 months (only been a Rogers customer for 2 months). It happens every time I cross back, not just some times. The only way to get it to start processing e-mails is to reboot the 8700.

Has anyone else noticed this? With 70+% of Buffalo airports passengers being Canadian, there has to be someone else that has noticed this...

Thanks/Neil

RIM_Next_Door
09-19-2006, 10:54 PM
No one has had this issue? Come-on my fellow Canadians. There are thousands and thousands of us on a weekly bases that travel to Buffalo for the airport. Has no one seen this? I have experienced it with the Internet Service and now on BES 4.1.2... It can't just be me, can it?

markhutchison
09-19-2006, 11:02 PM
I haven't any direct experience with this but it doesn't sound entirely unusual ... all sorts of funniness can happen when you're jumping from one network to the other ...

lcater
09-20-2006, 09:43 AM
You're the only one doing the JetBlue route. I find that about once a month I have to pull my battery to get my 8700 working again.

RIM_Next_Door
09-23-2006, 10:17 AM
I enjoy JetBlue. I'm a very faithful Southwest flyer as well. I've always been on Southwest, however JetBlue provides TV and their planes are a little cleaner. Southwest is going down hill--slightly. No matter what airline you select, Buffalo is the best way to go!