PDA

View Full Version : comcast email acct

PaCharger
09-16-2006, 08:53 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Sitting on a rainy soccer field and thought I would try to access my wifes email acct on comcast. So far no luck. Anyone else have troubles?

I don't need auto downloads, but it would be great to have a bookmark for her acct so she could check from my 8700c at will.

Anyone? Thanks for the help!!

Dubdub
09-16-2006, 09:20 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Sitting on a rainy soccer field and thought I would try to access my wifes email acct on comcast. So far no luck. Anyone else have troubles?

I don't need auto downloads, but it would be great to have a bookmark for her acct so she could check from my 8700c at will.

Anyone? Thanks for the help!!

I get my comcast email via BIS, but what I assume you are asking is to check it via comcast webmail?

naviwilliams
09-16-2006, 09:51 AM
When you go to the website on the device do you get the login screen etc?

PaCharger
09-18-2006, 06:01 PM
no, it says i can't download script....not sure why i cant put my username and password in, then select them emails easily. I'll try again. Had hoped someone else had been down this path before.

bpdunsta
09-18-2006, 06:56 PM
I was never able to get Comcast to work. So, I got a gmail account and I just forward all of my comcast.net email to gmail (and then delete from Comcast) and use gmail exclusively for personal email. With BIS 2.0, gmail integration is pretty nice, or, if you prefer, you can go to http://www.google.com/ig/mobile and view your email whenever you'd like. Default will be text (like WAP), but you can also switch over to html.

Pizzle
09-18-2006, 07:04 PM
Other options to try:

- Opera Mini for your browser...sometimes can access places that regular BB browsers can't (like MySpace).

- Set your browser to emulate Microsoft IE. Not sure if that would help, but it would get you as close as possible to a regular computer browser.

PaCharger
09-18-2006, 08:56 PM
Pizzle...YOU DA MAN.

Never thought I need opera mini...download at www.mini.opera.com

It worked....Perfectly. Very cool
Thanks again for the help.

Stinsonddog
09-19-2006, 12:09 AM
Check my tips doc. I think I put it in there but I can't remember but its a site that converted the format to one that could be used. It works too. It was pre mini opera.

santafe
09-19-2006, 07:10 PM
When I bought my 8700 I had the store (Yakety Yak) set up my BlackBerry 8700 to work directly with my Comcast email and it does work just fine.

Pizzle
09-19-2006, 08:40 PM
If you read the post, it has nothing to do with what you're suggesting. He wanted to check it via Webmail, not have it pushed to his device.

eap
12-26-2006, 09:35 PM
Pizzle...YOU DA MAN.

Never thought I need opera mini...download at www.mini.opera.com

It worked....Perfectly. Very cool
Thanks again for the help.hey yeah it does work, that's the first time I've used Opera mini, kinda tricky and the space bar doesn't do period--- took me awhile to figur that out as I R slo....