PDA

View Full Version : Unable to load OS

bpc40
09-17-2006, 01:16 PM
This morning I went to sync my BB with my computer, which I did earlier in the morning and it worked fine. This time however, the BB wasn't recognized. I unpluged it and then it froze. I removed and replaced the
battery several times and then all I got was the hourglass spinning for over an hour.

First it was just the hourglass spinning, then the Cingular logo came on in
the background while it continued to spin.

I went to remove and reload the operating system (downloaded from the BB site for Cingular for the 7130c) and it gets half way through loading and then the message comes up, "Unable to complete the loading operation. Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation." I tried reloading it several times and continued to get the same message. Of course now everything has been erased so nothing turns on.

I just noticed, in the middle of the screen, very faintly, the message, "ADC busy" and under that a "reset" button. I click the trackwheel and it goes out, but returns as soon as I release the trackwheel.

I thank you for your time and attention.

Bruce

bpc40
09-17-2006, 05:41 PM
FYI if anyone has the same problem, needed to take the battery out to connect, then replace it to download.