PDA

View Full Version : BES BIS Pain

thoford75
09-17-2006, 08:05 PM
Ill try to explain my problem as well as i can...
I bought a blackberry 7100v on contract from vodafone. I set up my personal gmail account through enterprise activation. All good. All happy. Anywho...i damaged the screen so i sent it off for repair and they replaced it with a brand new one...lovely! So i activate the phone with the wireless network (GPRS). I then log on to mobileemail.vodafone.net on my HOME PC and enter my new PIN and IMEI numbers. All accepted fine. I get my emails through after a few mins. I then notice the enterprise activation icon is still on the handset. So i go into it and try to activate the phone as i did originally. Although now it wont let me: No respose from the server and contact administrator messages. Could this be something to do with the fact i registered the pin and imei numbers onto the mobilemail service through a PC instead of my blackberry. it seems that vodafone know my new pin and imei code but my blackberry doesnt know that vodafone know and wont let me tell it. I was hoping for a way to cancel and restart my mobileemail account but according to vodafone i can't. my phone seems to be stuck in limbo now. it sends and receives the emails and i know i can hide the enterprise activation icon but i still doesnt feel right because i know originally (when i first got the blackberry) it worked through enterprise activation and then the icon disappeared. I have also recently realised that the option "reconsile now" has not appeared in the menu and if i go into options --> email reconsiliation there is nothing in there - no submenus - just blankness.

I would really appreciate it if some one could help me with this. Maybe if i get a fresh unregistered blackberry and register its pin and imei codes then reregister mine through the enterprise activation it may work. Grrr....

Thanks for taking the time to read this anyway!

Tom

NJBlackBerry
09-17-2006, 08:11 PM
I'm missing something here. Enterprise Activation is only used with a BES account - not GMail.

thoford75
09-17-2006, 08:14 PM
Thats what everyone at vodafone has been telling me, but when i first registed my blackberry and when i had to reregister after i wiped my handest i went through that activation process.

NJBlackBerry
09-17-2006, 08:16 PM
I am not doubting you, but what you say is not possible. EA is ONLY for BES activation. That's it. I have no idea what you did before and why EA disappeared. But it doesn't make any sense. Sorry....

thoford75
09-17-2006, 08:19 PM
Is there another option with a brand new wiped blackberry? It might have been wireless activation. Actually i think it might have been that. That option didnt come up this time when i first powered the blackberry on. hmm

takeshi
09-18-2006, 07:43 AM
So i activate the phone with the wireless network (GPRS). I then log on to mobileemail.vodafone.net on my HOME PC and enter my new PIN and IMEI numbers. All accepted fine. I get my emails through after a few mins. I then notice the enterprise activation icon is still on the handset. So i go into it and try to activate the phone as i did originally. Although now it wont let me: No respose from the server and contact administrator messages. Could this be something to do with the fact i registered the pin and imei numbers onto the mobilemail service through a PC instead of my blackberry.
It shouldn't make any diffference. You might want to log back in to Vodafone Mobile Email (http://mobileemail.vodafone.net/) and push your service books to your Blackberry again.

thoford75
09-18-2006, 07:50 AM
I tried pushing the service books but the icon is still there. As far as i know everthing is working as far as receiving and sending emails goes, its just an annoying icon and missing the email reconsiliation options

Stern
09-18-2006, 08:30 AM
couple of things you can try

delete all your service books from the device and then resend them from mobileemail. It's important you delete them before resending.

If that doesn't work give Voda a call and ask them to reprovision your device as a prosumer only device or send me a pm with your PIN and I can do it for you.

It's impossible to activate a BIS account via EA but on some devices you may get an icon called 5 click which takes you through creating your mobile email account on the device. It may have been this that you used last time it sits in the same place as the EA