PDA

View Full Version : BES Not Synchronizing Folders.....quick help please!

AWBoy
09-19-2006, 09:47 PM
Hey everyone! I just got the pearl. I've had several blackberries before (I also manage our BES) and I can't figure this one out. I'm sure it's one of those "DUH" problems that should get fixed real quick.

The blackberry is receiving new messages correctly and such. It's just not retrieving the messages that are already in the specified folders that it's supposed to sync (even inbox)! I've tried connecting it using USB and it's still not working! It just won't pull down my other folders.

Any ideas why it's not pulling them down? Thanks!

PS: It'll even correctly show the item in a folder after I move it on the computer....but it still doesn't have any messages from before I started using this specific blackberry.

Aroc
09-19-2006, 09:56 PM
That is how it works. BES pushes and reconciles. BES does not synchronize emails. Sorry. This is the fine dividing line between the BB/BES solution and other PDAs. Since you manage the BES you should have access to the documentation.

If you want access to your old emails, backup your prior BB handheld using Desktop Manager, then restore just the messages portion onto the new handheld. That should get you your old messages back.

AWBoy
09-19-2006, 09:58 PM
That is how it works. BES pushes and reconciles. BES does not synchronize emails. Sorry. This is the fine dividing line between the BB/BES solution and other PDAs. Since you manage the BES you should have access to the documentation.

If you want access to your old emails, backup your prior BB handheld using Desktop Manager, then restore just the messages portion onto the new handheld. That should get you your old messages back.
Why wouldn't reconsiling include downloading my old messages? I swear I always got at least my inbox messages before.

In fact, I know I did. This was the 2nd time I've enterprise activated this device because the first one took down a bunch of contacts from a contact list I didn't want it to. That first time, I got all of my emails from my inbox correctly! Why is it not doing it now?

AWBoy
09-19-2006, 10:36 PM
Not to mention the calendar isn't synching.....something is very wrong here. I'm gonna wipe and redo the entire thing.

AWBoy
09-19-2006, 10:53 PM
Yup....did EA for the 3rd time and it started working. All of the old messages came through and the calendar started syncing.

Pizzle
09-19-2006, 10:59 PM
I'm going out on a limb, because I'm DEFINITELY not the expert on this, but I'm pretty sure that it is going to reconcile with the Exchange Server, and whatever's on there...not necessarily the BES...

Of course, I could be making that up...

takeshi
09-20-2006, 08:18 AM
EA will push out a certain number of historical email to the Blackberry but it will not push all old email. As was mentioned email does not sync on a Blackberry. Reconciliation does not include pushing old email to the device. Please read your docs and the FAQ's as this is an important issue to understand, especially if you're an admin.