PDA

View Full Version : Pleeeeeeeeease Help Me!!!! [How to view Animated GIF]

cldennis
03-15-2005, 03:25 PM
One simple question.........Everytime I send my blackberry email account an animated GIF file, it opens it up but only comes out as a still picture GIF. Can someone tell me what am I doing wrong?

dazedays
03-15-2005, 03:27 PM
I don't believe BB's support animated gifs...

cldennis
03-15-2005, 03:39 PM
Mark replied that it did earlier but I just don't know how?I don't believe BB's support animated gifs...

WolfKeeper
03-15-2005, 05:48 PM
He said yes, however, your BB has to be running OS4.0 and you have to view it in the browser, not in Messages. (That rules out e-mail.)

Mark Rejhon
03-15-2005, 06:09 PM
Correct.
(1) Must view GIF inside web browser instead of email
(2) Put the GIF on a website
(3) View it under BlackBerryOS 4.0
Then it will work.

Animated GIF's are NOT supported in the email attachment viewer.

Also, I have edited your topic title... Please use a descriptive title next time. Thanks :-)

blackberrywallpapers
03-25-2005, 10:37 PM
We now host animated wallpapers at BBWPapers (http://www.blackberrywallpapers.com/)

Still in testing mode but in the signature below there is an example of an animated gif

Send this file to your blackberry
http://www.blackberrywallpapers.com/images/hotwhips.gif

DavidE
03-26-2005, 01:07 AM
Has anyone figured out how to get the animated gifs to cycle more than once as a standby screen. They repeat when opened within the Picture program, but stop after one iteration when set as the standby screen. I tried saving the animated gifs to multiple plays (999) rather than the default "forever" setting. That didn't work either.

DavidE
www.davidenglish.com

nka
05-20-2005, 03:42 PM
Has anyone figured out how to get the animated gifs to cycle more than once as a standby screen. They repeat when opened within the Picture program, but stop after one iteration when set as the standby screen. I tried saving the animated gifs to multiple plays (999) rather than the default "forever" setting. That didn't work either.

DavidE
www.davidenglish.com

I wonder the same...!