PDA

View Full Version : Telestra OS/Zen Update Q

BlackBerry1587
09-23-2006, 10:36 AM
I'm a little nervous to do this update, since I just purchased the BlackBerry and as I've read things about re-activation of services and all of that stuff after it's installed.

I'm just apprehensive about my new device, and don't want my services to be messed up somehow. Then go back to T-Mo and them tell me it's my fault for messing around with the BlackBerry, and I'm stuck with a device that doesn't function right, or paying full price for a new one.

Anyone suffered from this problem at all? Services not being brought back to full-potential or anything?

Just don't want to mess up my new BlackBerry I suppose. Is this whole Telestra/Zen upgrade thing 100% sureproof? (If not, lie! haha)

paulbblc
09-23-2006, 10:40 AM
If you do a backup, which if you follow the directions to a 'T' you will, you'll be just fine. If for some reason things go wrong as long as you've made a backup you'll be able to recover your data and settings.

Like I said just be sure to follow the directions carefully and you'll be fine.

junior1790
09-23-2006, 10:50 AM
Plus, t-mo's OS is available for download if you mess it up, you can always go back and reinstall the proper OS...

Pizzle
09-23-2006, 11:46 AM
Indeed. BUT, while the instructions are good, it takes a bit of savvy to troubleshoot should you have any problems. There IS a possibility that something might not work right, so be cautious and read EVERYTHING in the instructions.

If you don't feel confident, I wouldn't do it.

dmilillo
09-23-2006, 11:48 PM
im a total noobie to this.... and i did it without a hitch. Just follow the instructions very carefully... I loaded Telstra on mine and i have Cingular service...

fourtheye28
09-23-2006, 11:56 PM
Yea, I was a bit uncomfortable, but I did a backup and then downloaded it and everything was completly fine. But like Paulbblc said, dont do it unless your positive.

yustonuser
09-24-2006, 12:40 AM
Good topic - I have waited to update and have had my device since May. Since it appears that Cingular has completely forgotten about us with the 8700c and even though all other carriers have updated their OS CIngular will simply roll out the OS at lanuch and then never update it. Kind of crazy, no?

So what I wonder about is - does an updated OS provide better bluetooth capabilities? By that I mean the constant connect/reconnect issue I currently have?

BlackBerry1587
09-24-2006, 08:22 AM
Hey guys--apparently, it worked! Haha, I updated my BlackBerry last night, and when it came on, I had all of these new themes--including Zen, O2, and Orange!

However, how do I know what Telestra is and if it's running?

Also, I enjoy the Vodafone today theme. Very professional

danielccc
09-24-2006, 06:52 PM
Hey guys--apparently, it worked! Haha, I updated my BlackBerry last night, and when it came on, I had all of these new themes--including Zen, O2, and Orange!

However, how do I know what Telestra is and if it's running?

Also, I enjoy the Vodafone today theme. Very professional

OK,
Telstra is an Australian Carrier/Operator. They are a phone company. And they are terrible at what they do. Forget the names people give these OS's and follow them by version numbers. to find your current os version goto: options>about

NJBlackBerry
09-24-2006, 06:55 PM
I got yelled at when I mentioned that Telstra and Bharti are telcos and not the names of some special BB software... Perhaps you will fare differently.

Goodlife
02-06-2007, 09:18 PM
I know its an old post, but what are the main advantages of the Telesta OS?