PDA

View Full Version : New 8700c - stiff trackwheel

politemusic
09-23-2006, 01:19 PM
Hi,

I've got a new 8700c, and it has a trackwheel that seems quite difficult to push in compared to other ones I've seen. It's got a more "segmented" feel as well when turned. I did a search on this, and people seem to be saying (in the 7100 forum for instance) that it loosens up over time.

I'm curious if I should exchange mine for a new one, or just wait it out.

Thanks much,
Justin

Jonathan Slivko
09-23-2006, 01:52 PM
Yeah, give it a week or so and it should loosen up some.

politemusic
09-23-2006, 02:09 PM
Yeah, give it a week or so and it should loosen up some.

Thanks, Jonathan. I sure hope so. Pressing in is the main issue - quite hard feeling; a definite thumb-ache after doing a bunch of messaging. The scrolling isn't so bad, just stiff.

calkenneth
09-23-2006, 11:23 PM
Be thankful you have a particularly resistant one. After some use it'll be so loose and easy to push that you'll be happy that it was hard to turn in the beginning!

politemusic
09-24-2006, 12:19 AM
Be thankful you have a particularly resistant one. After some use it'll be so loose and easy to push that you'll be happy that it was hard to turn in the beginning!

Cool. I'm with you...sounds like you're speaking from experience, so thanks for the feedback.

Andyn
09-24-2006, 12:53 AM
It will loosen up. I had a replacement sent to me and it was stiff. The keyboard was also stiff and didn't slide like my other one.