PDA

View Full Version : Tips 'n tricks questions

SamBerry
09-24-2006, 10:31 AM
I LOVE the Tips and Tricks, and routinely forward it to new BlackBerry users. I was reviewing it and found one that I had never heard of before, but need some help.

Here is the tip:

"If you would like to have delivery confirmation for your regular outgoing emails on your BlackBerry, add "" to the beginning of your subject line. You must include the brackets. You will get an email back confirming delivery of your message."

My questions are: what brackets? Do you put the quotation marks at either end of the subject line?

I can't get this to work.

markhutchison
09-24-2006, 10:39 AM
Adding <confirm> to the beginning of your subject line will request a delivery confirmation from the recipient's BlackBerry device.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/bes-admin-corner/47418-custom-delivery-confirmation.html?highlight=delivery+confirmation

PETEYWESTRAW
09-24-2006, 11:20 AM
I LOVE the Tips and Tricks, and routinely forward it to new BlackBerry users. I was reviewing it and found one that I had never heard of before, but need some help.

Here is the tip:

"If you would like to have delivery confirmation for your regular outgoing emails on your BlackBerry, add "" to the beginning of your subject line. You must include the brackets. You will get an email back confirming delivery of your message."

My questions are: what brackets? Do you put the quotation marks at either end of the subject line?

I can't get this to work.

Yes it is the quotation marks.

kwang98131
09-24-2006, 11:57 AM
Wirelessly posted (8700 C: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Yah but I think <confirm> shows up on the subject line to the recipient. Any way to get rid of that?

markhutchison
09-24-2006, 05:16 PM
Yah but I think <confirm> shows up on the subject line to the recipient. Any way to get rid of that?
Not that I am aware of ...