PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! 8703e Issues??

ncasca
09-24-2006, 08:07 PM
I am brand new to blackberries (but always liked them, just never wanted the ones Verizon offered) and also new to this forum, I wish my first post could be a more pleasant one, but I need some insight or help...

I just got Verizon to upgrade me for free from my Treo 700w to the new 8703e (because I was on my 7th Treo (650 twice then four 700s) and still having issues with the awful Winders OS') I have not added any 3rd party apps to my BB except for Google Maps, not even any themes or etc... I cannot figure out why this thing keeps restarting itself. It seems to happen primarily while I am texting or typing e-mails, it goes black, then does the hourglass thing for a while, then the verizon screen, then back on - and I lose whatever I was typing when it happened... Now, I don't know if it's because I'm a pretty fast typer (much experience with QWERTY keyboards) or what, because I also noticed that it lags, only when I type though - I seem to hit the keys much faster than the unit types them on the screen... so I don't know if I got a bad unit, or if there's some kind of update I should be aware of? or what?

Sorry for the long post, but I just wanted to make sure I included everything I am noticing. PLEASE HELP!!! Thank you all in advance!

jasona101
09-24-2006, 09:49 PM
I too upgraded from a Treo 700w. Same problems, Microsoft OS constant problems. I have the 8703e and not had an ounce of problems with it. I would recommend you get a different unit. I have had blackberry's before and that is why i came back because of the stabilty. Exchange your unit.

junior1790
09-25-2006, 08:17 AM
sounds like a bad unit to me, first i have of that particular issue...

ncasca
09-25-2006, 09:04 AM
Thank you guys for the responses... have you guys noticed any kind of lagging or anything of that nature? more specifically the issue i mentioned with when i type, i seem to be typing the words much faster than they are being displayed on the screen....

it kind of looks like when you have 20 apps open on windows and its going really slow, and you try to type something into an instant message, or Word or anything really... and it types a few letters... then the cursor kinda freezes for a minute... then types a bunch of letters to catch up, then repeat....

i hate to think i am 1 for 1 on defective BB units... not a good ratio to start with.. thanks in advance!!

Postalrecon
09-25-2006, 09:17 AM
Thank you guys for the responses... have you guys noticed any kind of lagging or anything of that nature? more specifically the issue i mentioned with when i type, i seem to be typing the words much faster than they are being displayed on the screen....

it kind of looks like when you have 20 apps open on windows and its going really slow, and you try to type something into an instant message, or Word or anything really... and it types a few letters... then the cursor kinda freezes for a minute... then types a bunch of letters to catch up, then repeat....

i hate to think i am 1 for 1 on defective BB units... not a good ratio to start with.. thanks in advance!!

I guarantee you your second one will be 100%, as for the slow key rate, go into screen/keyboard and change the option from "normal" to fast"