PDA

View Full Version : import e-mails and put them into a group

scott0482
09-25-2006, 04:15 PM
my boss gave me her blackberry and said.. i have groups x, y and z in my MSN contacts.. can you put them into my blackberry..

i think it is a 6230 but it could be some other model..
it is running OS 3.6.0.73

so.. how can i do this easily?

i exported her contacts once to an IDP, and then coverted that to an excel sheet with Amber Blackberry converter.. which was a pain becuase it was the trial and i could only do 10 at a time.. then formatted the csv so it could be uploaded to her msn account..

but i can't export addresses out of her msn.. and i don't know if i can mass import them into the blackberry..

there is no way i am going to type them manually.. one of the groups has 100 names at least..

thanks

scott

Fkewl
09-26-2006, 07:44 AM
Should be simple
-install BB Desktop Software
-import contacts into Outlook
-create groups in Outlook
-sync outlook with BB
-yes, he will have ALL his contacts, but can then filter them by groups after that

Pizzle
09-26-2006, 08:45 AM
As long as they're not Distribution Lists. Those don't transfer. If you have a BES and a global address book, you can pull dist lists from there, but you can't transfer them from Outlook.

scott0482
09-26-2006, 10:58 AM
the addresses are in her MSN account, not outlook.. does anyone have a creative way of getting them out of that account?

Fkewl
11-21-2006, 11:42 AM
Try copy/paste to Excel, then Import into Outlook from the Excel file

or something similar (copy/paste info into another program, import the file into Outlook contacts)