PDA

View Full Version : Problem with address book synchronisation BES-Groupwise

FrankVanDamme
09-26-2006, 05:13 AM
Hello forum,

I (admin of a BES which is connected to a novell groupwise server) have a strange problem: one of our user's Blackberry does not sync the address book. Activation has been completed, but the address book remains empty. My "besadmin" groupwise user has permissions on the address book of the problematic user in case, wireless address book synchronisation is enabled for that user etc.

So... what else is there to check?

hannahkat
09-26-2006, 07:50 AM
Check that you have selected an address book for that user to be synched on to the handheld - user properties / PIM Sync / address book subscribed. If there is no address book subscribed then there will not be any addresses added to the BB

Also, when an activation is completed it often is actually finished yet - addresses and folders can take a while to show up...

bbgirl
09-26-2006, 11:19 AM
Check that you have selected an address book for that user to be synched on to the handheld - user properties / PIM Sync / address book subscribed. If there is no address book subscribed then there will not be any addresses added to the BB

Also, when an activation is completed it often is actually finished yet - addresses and folders can take a while to show up...

is this for the BIS?

|||||||
09-26-2006, 07:49 PM
is this for the BIS?

nope, in GroupWise you can have multiple address books and you have to choose which one to sync before it will sync.

FrankVanDamme
09-27-2006, 05:46 AM
Thanks for answering!
The address book subscription was something I allready checked. The users' personal address book is selected there. The activation happened before the weekend, so by now the address data should bave been synced.

|||||||
09-27-2006, 02:25 PM
Toggle the wireless sync off and back on in the address book options.

Also, does everyone else's address book sync?
Which version of GroupWise client do you have installed on the BES?

rx300mm
09-27-2006, 02:40 PM
I had a similar problem when upgraded my 7100 OS to 4.1+ , the GroupWise "frequent contact" address book did not show up, BES side of things were fine. Later I noticed that the OS upgrade changed the setting on my device address book to use filter... To check this open the address book, click on "option" then "filter" make sure no filter is applied.

FrankVanDamme
09-28-2006, 09:14 AM
Toggle the wireless sync off and back on in the address book options.

Also, does everyone else's address book sync?
Which version of GroupWise client do you have installed on the BES?

I will try this, thank you. And yes, for the record, the rest of our users don't have addressbook-related problems.

markvan
09-28-2006, 06:14 PM
I've had a similar problem with some of our users and the way I fixed it was to get the user to create a new address book 'temp' and assign this book to the user in the BES. Then got the user to toggle the wireless sync off and back on in the address book options. Waited 10 minutes or so for the sync to happen, and then changed the address book association back to the original address book. Got them to toggle the wireless sync off and back on in the address book options again, and all was good.

Cheers
Mark

|||||||
09-28-2006, 09:51 PM
I've had a similar problem with some of our users and the way I fixed it was to get the user to create a new address book 'temp' and assign this book to the user in the BES. Then got the user to toggle the wireless sync off and back on in the address book options. Waited 10 minutes or so for the sync to happen, and then changed the address book association back to the original address book. Got them to toggle the wireless sync off and back on in the address book options again, and all was good.

Cheers
Mark

You should only have to toggle the wireless off and back on.