PDA

View Full Version : Turning screen on when getting a call?

Goowakjai
09-27-2006, 07:54 AM
Ok...this is what I was wondering

A lot of times I just leave my BB on my desk in vibrate mode, sometimes I don't hear the vibratation and I miss call and such.

Now is there a way to make the blackberry screen go on when you recieve a call or get an email or sms or anything?

I know about BB light but i don't want the BB screen on all the time for it will kinda drain the battery? But I didn't fully inspect BB light does it have this function?

kwang98131
09-27-2006, 08:54 AM
my BB light is off for the most part.. when the phone rings it turns the background light on.

i did try BBLight and couldnt figure out how to work the stupid program.. it wasnt workign right i dont think. i could never terminate the program fully until i did a hard reset also sometimes the light would be on constantly after i "deactivated" it lol maybe its user error but i tried a bunch of settings before giving up on it.

paulbblc
09-27-2006, 09:18 AM
When I receive a call, while on any profile, my screen lights up. SMS and email it doesn't.

Pizzle
09-27-2006, 09:40 AM
Ditto. Are you using an 8700?

Goowakjai
09-27-2006, 09:50 AM
Sorry guys i'm mistaken, it does light up when i recieve a call but not sms or message, can somethign be done about that?

MrKyoo
09-27-2006, 09:53 AM
If you were using PocketDay Pro, there is a feature in the settings to enable backlight on message received.

~MrKyoo