PDA

View Full Version : Contacts Wont Sync to BB

Born2Slow
09-27-2006, 11:20 AM
Im running BES4.1 and have done an OTA for two users with 7290s. Everything in Outlook sync'd except for the contacts. I Have since done a wipe on the handheld, redid OTA, Deleted his Acc and recreated it, Made sure the handheld was wirelessly syncing and have had no luck. contacts show in his Outlook but not in the BB.

I have OTA numerous other users with no problems with the same contact list and same process.

Any suggestions???

sferical
09-28-2006, 04:25 AM
Any personal contacts folder that you want to OTA sync with have to be set as an Outlook Address Book in Outlook.

The users deafult contacts folder should be set to this already but it may not be for some reason.

In OL2003 you would go to Options > Email Accounts > View Change Address Books to find this and and to set it up etc.

Sfez

JerryD
09-28-2006, 05:53 AM
Im running BES4.1 and have done an OTA for two users with 7290s. Everything in Outlook sync'd except for the contacts. I Have since done a wipe on the handheld, redid OTA, Deleted his Acc and recreated it, Made sure the handheld was wirelessly syncing and have had no luck. contacts show in his Outlook but not in the BB.

I have OTA numerous other users with no problems with the same contact list and same process.

Any suggestions???
Check the user's contacts in Outlook using the Phone List view. Go through the entire list and look for a yellow icon instead of a standard icon. That's a record conflict. Open the item and resolve the conflict. That should clear the problem, but if it doesn't, check the Calendar too viewing an Events list - make sure it's unfiltered.

Outlook conflicts can cause all kinds of sync problems.

fritter
09-28-2006, 07:39 AM
make sure you have wireless sync on your contacts on the blackberry. to check go to contacts on the bb and hit the menu button on a 8100 or hit in on the scroll wheel and goto options and its there make sure its turned on. if you dont have that option wipe the handheld and start over to bring that option for wireless back up

Born2Slow
09-29-2006, 12:47 PM
thank you all for the help!!! i will let you know what i find.

Born2Slow
10-03-2006, 11:49 AM
alright, just got a free second. I ended up wipping out the users contacts and inporting a fresh batch or address test created in house. then wipped the handheld and redid the OTA. The activations was successful. Thanks for the help!