PDA

View Full Version : BWC filters - help!

teskew
03-16-2005, 08:49 PM
I did a search, but I didn't see anything that really applied to my situation.

Here's the deal. I have 2 email accounts set up. The xxx.net account doesn't have any filters or goes to any folder - those emails go straight to my handheld. The gmail account I set up a folder and filter to have emails go to that certain folder - and I also have the "send emails to handheld" checked under the filter option as well.

My question is this - when I get a new email on the gmail account - it does go to the folder specified, but it also goes to my main inbox view. If I disable "send emails to handheld" - will it still go to the folder but not the main mail inbox view? Does this make sense???

Thanks!!

Steve
03-16-2005, 11:17 PM
If you disable send emails to handheld, they'll reside in the Web Client only. It'll be just like having any web-based email client.

I am also annoyed that all messages show up in the inbox and not only in their specified folder. Seems there is no point in filtering.

Steve

teskew
03-16-2005, 11:21 PM
I know...it's such a pain! Thanks for replying!

mark.hogan
03-16-2005, 11:28 PM
Its a rim thing...I too had the problem.
open mail on the bb
click the thumb wheel
scroll to view folder
select the one you want.

Its a pain, and I wish there was a default folder but theres not. I select inbox first thing in the am, and stay there most of the day. That allows my mailist stuff to float behind the scene and I can deal with work at work...

Its no big once you get used to it (well ok its a little big but I got over it)