PDA

View Full Version : Can you still delete e-mails in Blackberry Web Client?

angelot
09-28-2006, 06:54 AM
Before the last upgrade, I was able to login into my blackberry account via BIS and then delete all of my SPAM (tons) e-mails at my desktop which I liked better than waiting for the same e-mails to show up on my blackberry and delete them one at a time.

I loved the feature but for some reason can't do it now. Does anyone know if I can access my inbox from my desktop via BIS?

Please advise. Thanks.

finch
09-28-2006, 07:41 AM
BIS 2.0 houses no messages on the webclient and all activity and config. for that matter is handled on your device. Some carriers will allow you to stay on 1.8 without upgrade but if you've already upgraded you can't go backwards.

angelot
09-28-2006, 09:13 AM
I thought that a great feature to have the inbox available. Especially for removing all of the spam.

Wish they would've kept it. Sorry I upgraded then....

balibe
09-28-2006, 07:16 PM
With BIS 2.*, I have limited sync with my main email account. When I delete emails on my BB with "On Mailbox & Handheld", they are removed from the mail server too. This works great for removing SPAM.

It only works with the one account, which I have setup under options from the message folder. In Email Reconciliation setup which account and the other options.

angelot
09-28-2006, 08:16 PM
True but it does not work in reverse which is what I prefer. if I delete on e-mail server, I still have to delete them a 2nd time on the blackberry

I find it quite annoyting and wish there was a way to resolve this.