PDA

View Full Version : copying address book to SIM card

mongoose_eyeball
09-28-2006, 01:36 PM
While my 8700 is being fixed, I'm using my spare phone, a razr. Unfortunately, the addresses that transferred with the SIM card are all old. I've been able to find the "transfer SIM card addresses to address book" feature, but how can I do it the other way around? is there a way to bulk dump all my in-phone numbers to the card?

coreyg510
09-28-2006, 01:50 PM
No. You can only back up to the PC and then restore to the new BB. Razr no good though

b3n_asian_freak
09-28-2006, 05:25 PM
Well, I have that problem before and I could not find where to copy all the contact from the phone Address Book to the Sim card anyway. And I have to do the long way:
I sync all my contacts to Microsoft Outlook Contacts, then sync it back the other way around to my nokia. It works great, no problem.
Maybe you should try do it that way since Blackberry doesnt let you do it on the phone.
Hope it will help you out.

Gunny_Tx
10-06-2006, 06:04 PM
Well, I have that problem before and I could not find where to copy all the contact from the phone Address Book to the Sim card anyway. And I have to do the long way:
I sync all my contacts to Microsoft Outlook Contacts, then sync it back the other way around to my nokia. It works great, no problem.
Maybe you should try do it that way since Blackberry doesnt let you do it on the phone.
Hope it will help you out.

I cant believe that something so simple as copying the addresses from the phone to the sim card is not an option. It's an option on cheap phones, but not on this expensive one. If I change to a different phone I'm screwed, sim card is empty.

coreyg510
10-06-2006, 06:09 PM
pretty much

mymitsu3kgt
10-07-2006, 01:24 AM
First, that's my avatar Gunny, lol. Second, You can copy them one at a time. It may seem tedious but each time I add a contact, I also copy it to my SIM. You open your address book, select view on a specific contact, click the thumbwheel, and then select "Copy to SIM Phonebook". The initial transfer may suck, but it's easier after that if you keep up with it.