PDA

View Full Version : Voice pick up too sensitive

wytopitlock
09-29-2006, 09:06 AM
My 8700c mouth piece is so sensitive that anyone I'm talking to complains about the background noise. Driving in the car seems to be the worst. Everyone says it sounds like I'm in a wind tunnel. This is my second phone. I turned the first one in for the same problem. Is the pick up adjustable or is this just a crappy phone?

coreyg510
09-29-2006, 09:14 AM
have you tried a BT headset? They have ones that have noise reduction or cancellation.

mymitsu3kgt
09-29-2006, 11:23 AM
You shouldn't have to try and cover a problem up with a temporary fix. I don't want to carry a bluetooth headset everywhere I go. I have an 8700g and I haven't had anyone complain about background noise. I assume since you receive a replacement, that the new one has OS 4.1. Have you checked if you have the latest OS.

wytopitlock
10-01-2006, 08:26 AM
I agree, I don't want another piece of equipment to allow me to use the original phone. I do have OS 4.1 and the phone is an 8700c. I'll talk to support and see what my options are. Thanks for the help.

McKudoh
10-02-2006, 03:59 AM
I too find the mic on the 8700c unusable when there's background noise. Also, when there is background noise, it severely affects the audio I hear through the phone. It's like someone who didn't understand noise cancelling simply screwed up the implementation. I've tried several bluetooth headsets and they're still not good enough. I've had 3 phones so far all with this problem. The only way I've found to make this phone work is to get a headset with a boom mic (doesn't have to be expensive), which places the mic as close to your lips as possible. The sound quality on both ends is as good as any other phone when used this way. It is a royal pain to have to have a headset handy. It strange, as good as a Blackberry is as computer-like tasks, (which I love) it is unquestionably the worst phone I have ever used (in noisy environments).