PDA

View Full Version : charging issue in 8700g

plchan
09-29-2006, 10:37 AM
I have noticed it in last 2 days. Before I went to sleep last night, I plugged the charge cable to the phone and charged it while the phone was on. This morning, I noticed the battery icon contained a "lighting" sign. However, when I unplugged the cable, and tried to plug it back in, the lighting sign did not show up.

Does it mean the phone is fully charged?

or

Something wrong of the battery / charger?

thanks

by the way, I am using 8700g with tmo 4.1.0.284 with ZEN theme.

mymitsu3kgt
09-29-2006, 11:17 AM
If you had it plugged in all night, there shouldn't have been a lightning bolt in the morning. It could be a good sign that you didn't get a lightning bolt when you plugged it in again because that would mean that it was fully charged. Maybe it was just a glitch that the lightning bolt remained when you unplugged it. Try it overnight again and see if it does it again.

plchan
09-29-2006, 12:14 PM
If you had it plugged in all night, there shouldn't have been a lightning bolt in the morning. It could be a good sign that you didn't get a lightning bolt when you plugged it in again because that would mean that it was fully charged. Maybe it was just a glitch that the lightning bolt remained when you unplugged it. Try it overnight again and see if it does it again.

thanks for the info. i am glad it would be a good sign if the lightning bolt not to show up because it means the charge is completed. :)

i will try it tonight to see if it would does what i saw before.

JSanders
09-30-2006, 12:20 PM
or click options then status and see what your actual charge status is... 100% would be full.

Or download BBToday, which shows your charge status on the homescreen, one click for a quick look.

plchan
09-30-2006, 03:02 PM
or click options then status and see what your actual charge status is... 100% would be full.

Or download BBToday, which shows your charge status on the homescreen, one click for a quick look.

i downloaded the BBToday and used. But whenever I "reboot" the phone, BBtoday runs (kind of like the auto-run). Is there a way I can configure the BBToday not to run whenever I reboot the BB?