PDA

View Full Version : MacFilter: 7100 trying to get on BES, result = duplicating unread emails

lacinda
09-29-2006, 12:18 PM
I'm having problems with a 7100 on T-Mobile. The user has installed PocketMac for Blackberry on two laptops and a desktop, and now I'm trying to switch him to a BES.

The Blackberry appears to be receiving email and calendar events, but I can't figure out how. The BES admin says that from the server end, it appears that the user is disconnected from the BES and using a desktop redirector. I figured that this was either through PocketMac for Blackberry or iSync.

I uninstalled PocketMac for Blackberry on all three machines. I checked the iSync settings for all three machines as well, and there's no Blackberry sync/push that I can find anywhere. As far as the BES admin is concerned, the user is not contacting the BES. But yet the user is still receiving email messages (however his calendar/contacts are not updating).

To make things even weirder, when I turn on "Send Email To Handheld" from Message Options -> Email Options, then the calendar/contacts synchronization starts, and he starts receiving duplicates of unread messages on the BB (even though he's still disconnected from the BES).

Any clues? I'm going to do yet another handheld wipe/enterprise activation round but it appears that there is still a redirector out there that I can't find.

Thanks in advance, this is a real headache.