PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Manager Issues with 4.1 SP2

fieldgeek
09-29-2006, 05:56 PM
Hello,

I am attempting to install the Blackberry Manager on my workstation so I don't have to log into the server everytime and so I can manage Blackberry devices locally, etc... however, I have installed SP2 on the server and now I cannot install the Blackberry Manager on my workstation because of database incompatibility it says. I need to check the rights on the database but I am just curious to know if anyone has tried this? I have a feeling I just don't know what I am doing. If anyone is running the Blackberry Manager from their workstation, please, how did you make it work?

BEShelpguy
09-29-2006, 06:24 PM
I had the same issue.
Do you have SP1 or 2 on your actualy BES?

I found that you can just cancel the config wizard the first time and then apply the next service pack

qc_metal
09-29-2006, 08:28 PM
Hello,

I am attempting to install the Blackberry Manager on my workstation so I don't have to log into the server everytime and so I can manage Blackberry devices locally, etc... however, I have installed SP2 on the server and now I cannot install the Blackberry Manager on my workstation because of database incompatibility it says. I need to check the rights on the database but I am just curious to know if anyone has tried this? I have a feeling I just don't know what I am doing. If anyone is running the Blackberry Manager from their workstation, please, how did you make it work?

Just run the same server setup package on your PC, select BlackBerry Desktop Manager, and you should be able to access the database/manage your devices/users without any incompatibilities.

fieldgeek
10-02-2006, 08:01 AM
I had the same issue.
Do you have SP1 or 2 on your actualy BES?

I found that you can just cancel the config wizard the first time and then apply the next service pack

I have SP2 on my BES. I will try canceling the config wizard and see what happens.

Fromme
10-26-2006, 08:44 AM
I have tried this.
Installed BlackBerry Manager 4.1 and cancelled the config wizard, then starting the BES 4.1.2 upgrader, and it say. "You must sign in using the same account that you used for the installation stage of the setup program." and yes i am logged on to the computer with the same user.

sberghorn
10-30-2006, 03:41 PM
I have the exact same issue on one of my helpdesk PCs. Anyone have any resolution ?

gziz
10-30-2006, 11:22 PM
Hello,

did you add your account to a "role" under "role based administration:? this gives the that account rights to the database.

Nirshaamah
10-31-2006, 11:05 AM
There are 2 installers available for 4.1 SP2. One for Update and for a full install. If you start the local Manager Installation with the full install file, you do not get these errors.
The Full Install is not available from the Public Download Page, you should ask either your Carrier or RIM (If you have T-Support) for it.

wdetmar
10-31-2006, 01:05 PM
Fromme and sberghorn

(this may be related to the initial question but I'm specifically addressing the issue stated by Fromme and sberghorn. if it should be moved to a new post I understand and apologize)

I’m installing the Manager on a PC and I get the same message: "You must sign in using the same account that you used for the installation stage of the setup program."

I get this for one user, but not another. They are both installing the same code.

I’m installing using code that I downloaded from the RIM FTP site that I just used to do a complete install for a new 4.1.2 BES.

We are using Windows Trusted Authentication. But I don’t believe that authentication should be a factor yet because it’s not until after you reboot that you configure your connection to the SQL database. This error appears after clicking “setup.exe”.

----Update---As I was writing this, we found that the user that was having problems had the management tool in their Add/Remove Programs. I don’t ever remember him installing it. He removed it, rebooted, ran setup again, and it worked.

I suppose if after trying the steps above and it continues to happen you could use the RIM article KB-04096 – Clean Uninstall to remove any traces of BlackBerry software from the PC first. A bit extreme, but it might work.

sberghorn
11-01-2006, 03:11 PM
I called RIM. Here is their resolution:

Hello Steve,

Thank you for your continued interest in BlackBerry.

I am following up on your case number RQST00003186288 to ensure that the information we sent you was helpful.

Here are the steps that needs to be taken to resolve the issue with the BlackBerry manager.

1. Clean uninstall the BlackBerry Manager by going through the steps listed in task 1 and task 2 listed in the knowledge base article: 04096

Livelink - Redirection (http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/8021/728075/728850/728215/How_To_-_Perform_a_clean_uninstall_of_the_BlackBerry_Enterprise_Server.html?nodeid=968220&vernum=0)

2. Download the full version of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server from the following ftp site:

URL: ftp://ftp2.rim.net/
Username: irt
Password: 4U2Smil3

Download the folder with the name BESD_4.1 SP2 Full

Please be aware that the password changes often, therefore I would recommend to download the software as soon as you may.

3. Perform the installation of the BlackBerry Manager.

mahal721
12-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Thanks sberghorn. That worked perfectly :)

URL: ftp://ftp2.rim.net/
Username: irt
Password: P1ckl3s