PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry messenger 7100i HELP???

cashman04
09-29-2006, 08:08 PM
Ok, so i just got a 7100i. Like it so far, but it was used. They didnt delete any of there stuff on it. I have it cleaned out now, except for the messenger. I cant figure out how to log them out and log into my yahoo account. Any help on this?? Also, i cant create an email account or open a nextell account cause the imei number and pin are already registered. I was told this was cause the old owners sim has them still under his account. Any ideas on either of these would be great. Oh and if you couldnt tell- Im new. Thanks alot
Dan

TheWuternal
09-29-2006, 08:15 PM
You'll have to call Nextel BlackBerry Support to create a new BIS account for you. You can try uninstalling and reinstalling Yahoo Messenger, or wiping the handheld entirely if that doesn't work; Options, Security Options, General Settings, (click the trackwheel), Wipe Handheld. Hope this helps, peace.

cashman04
09-29-2006, 08:26 PM
Where do I get the files to reinstall the os?

TheWuternal
09-30-2006, 12:07 PM
You can download the OS from Nextel's website, but a wipe won't delete the OS - it'll just reset the phone to factory defaults. Backup your contacts and other stuff before doing that though.