PDA

View Full Version : using your BB to send email composed in outlook

chriseldorado
09-29-2006, 08:10 PM
newbie question;

I travel a lot. I'm in airports a lot. I don't have a wireless account for my laptop. My company uses a BES and I have a 7290. Most of my travel time - I'm composing responses to email in outlook (offline) on my laptop and obviously can't 'send' them until I get my laptop hooked up to a network. Yeah - I could get BB thumb disease and compose and send everything on my BB but... Anybody heard of some addin software for the BB that will simply look at whats pending in outlook's outbox, pull it over to the BB and then send it over the BB's wireless connection?

thx

AlexG
09-30-2006, 02:47 AM
If you can connect laptop and BB by bluetooth you may be able to use your BB as a 'Tethered Modem' for your laptop (do a search you'll find instructions elsewhere on the forum). My company's BES policy doesn't allow it unfortunately.

Les Armitage
09-30-2006, 03:17 AM
I have the same sort of situation but after the initial week of teething problems I now use BB most of the time. I would add that a later BB would make life easier; they are much better to use. Cut an paste in email addresses and the like. Another thing that made a big difference to me was when I rediscovered Autotext. I have Autotext set with codes that trigger in some instances an two page standard reply - wonderful. I have set Autotext to also include a standard paragraph, wonderful

Les Armitage
09-30-2006, 03:22 AM
I have the same sort of situation but after the initial week of teething problems I now use BB most of the time. I would add that a later BB would make life easier; they are much better to use. Cut an paste in email addresses and the like. Another thing that made a big difference to me was when I rediscovered Autotext. I have Autotext set with codes that trigger in some instances an two page standard reply - wonderful. I have set Autotext to also include a standard paragraph, wonderful

Just to add to this. If you want to create large Autotext replacements then the easiest way is to create the replacement on the PC and email it to yourself; pick the email up on the BB and then copy and paste the message in to Autotext (y)

chriseldorado
09-30-2006, 01:32 PM
THANK YOU AlexG. Teathered Modem works for me. My IT must have enabled the capability with the latest BES update. Awesome!