PDA

View Full Version : Im torn between two devices

seansteez
10-01-2006, 10:28 AM
Okay so heres the deal everyone. I currently have two service providers, those being tmobile and verizon. I use tmobile for the data plan with a sidekick 3(which was cool when i had the sk2, and for awhile with the sk3. It just time to get a non toy and get a buisness tool), and a verizon razr for phone calls.

As of now i would like to keep the two phones thing going. My problem is when my contract is up on Dec 3rd with tmobile I dont know if i want to go with the tmobile 8700g, or port my number to verizon and get the 8703e. Tmobile has a 80/100 percent coverage in my area, it works well enough and i love it. Verizon is faster obviously with ev-do, and has 100/100 coverage in my area, but i have never had a verizon data device.

These are the plans i would be looking at for bot has well:

Tmobile: $29.99 data plan with $15 for unlimited text = $45 without tax
Verizon: $39.99 data plan with $10 for Unlimited IN text/500 extra ( almost all my contacts have verizon) = $50 without tax

I'm just looking for input and oppinions from other people to help me deciede in the next two months which one im going to go for.

cain8885
10-01-2006, 02:06 PM
Where do you find the option for a 39.99 data plan with verizon?

Okay so heres the deal everyone. I currently have two service providers, those being tmobile and verizon. I use tmobile for the data plan with a sidekick 3(which was cool when i had the sk2, and for awhile with the sk3. It just time to get a non toy and get a buisness tool), and a verizon razr for phone calls.

As of now i would like to keep the two phones thing going. My problem is when my contract is up on Dec 3rd with tmobile I dont know if i want to go with the tmobile 8700g, or port my number to verizon and get the 8703e. Tmobile has a 80/100 percent coverage in my area, it works well enough and i love it. Verizon is faster obviously with ev-do, and has 100/100 coverage in my area, but i have never had a verizon data device.

Verizon: $39.99 data plan with $10 for Unlimited IN text/500 extra ( almost all my contacts have verizon) = $50 without tax

I'm just looking for input and oppinions from other people to help me deciede in the next two months which one im going to go for.

seansteez
10-01-2006, 02:12 PM
well on there site they show the plan as $80 with 450minutes; infact if you go to the store, and tell them you want no minutes it comes out to $40 a month

joaquin654
10-01-2006, 10:13 PM

verizon charges more than 40.00 for data ... trust me i had verizon . and t-mobile only charged me 20.00 for unlimited data on my blackberry . also i would like to throw my .02 on the verizon vs. t-mobile customer service and billing support ..... GO W/T-MOBILE ! trust me , when there's a problem or overage with minutes or billing verizon will not budge . with t-mobile i returned a blackberry i changed my mind about way after the " trial " period and got a new one . with verizon after 10 days ( not the 15 advertised ) , i couldn't even do a same product exchange ... they said no because the phone wouldnt reach there warehouse before the 15 days were up for the " trial " period ... what a crock . plus t-mobile is WAY cheaper ..... just my experience personally . remember this : the grass isn't always greener on the other side , it just looks that way . :bb:

takeshi
10-01-2006, 11:28 PM
Again, I'd choose primarily based on coverage. If TMO's coverage is good enough then go with them. Doesn't Verizon offer trial periods on new devices? I'd give a Blackberry with data a shot on Verizon before deciding. Nothing beats actual usage when you're trying to compare multiple carriers.

seansteez
10-01-2006, 11:44 PM
thank joaquin654 illl keep that in mind, although they have never been that way for me with my razr, and i wouldnt have minutes on the blackberry. i see what you mean with the grass not being green on the otherside.

Please keep your input coming thanks

flash24
10-02-2006, 12:11 AM
Tmobile is cheaper..but if talk a lot (verizon have better reception), and would like to have EVDO then go with Verizon.

I personally love Tmobile because it's cheap and they have great phones. I have the $59.99 with 1000 min, unlimited data and text.