PDA

View Full Version : So the 8703e is out for Sprint now..I have a few questions..

MO3iusone
10-01-2006, 03:26 PM
Okay, I'm gonna have to pay full price for this puppy since my contract is not ending anytime soon. I'm trippin, I'm really close to buying this phone but I dont know..I have a Treo650. I guess I just want the most basic questions answered,
1. How much easier is it when it comes to using AIM compared to the Treo? Can you use just AIM or can you use Yahoo Messagner, MSN and ICQ?

2. Can it plays MP3's? I use MP3's on my Treo650 as Ringtones is it possible for me to use Mp3's on the 8703e? If not, then how good is the sound quality of the ringtones.

3. Hows the web browsing with the 8703e? I use the Opera Mini Browser on the Treo and its really fast, It just tend to reset my phone from time to time.

4. Do I have to pay extra fess since its a BB? I heard that you need to pay an extra 40 dollars for the service, is this true? Or could I just stick with Sprints regular Vision Packge on the 8703e?

5. Does the keys really feel cheap? I was reading a review on CNet.com and the video review said that the keys feel cheap.

6. Hows the bluetooth? I tried using a Jabra headset on my Treo it was god awful, The headset wouldnt work if I had the phone in my pocket and it would have problems connecting with my headset.

7. I know the BB OS is stable but how much more stable then the Treo? Is it rare of you to ever have to reset your phone or is it something that you do on a weekly or daily basis?

8. Will it be that bad not having a camera on my phone? lol I find it really weird that a phone like this has no camera, I was actually thinking about going with the Motorola Q once it comes out for Sprint.

I know its alot of questions, hope you guys dont hate me for this. :-o

kamoze357
10-01-2006, 04:08 PM
Okay, I'm gonna have to pay full price for this puppy since my contract is not ending anytime soon. I'm trippin, I'm really close to buying this phone but I dont know..I have a Treo650. I guess I just want the most basic questions answered,
1. How much easier is it when it comes to using AIM compared to the Treo? Can you use just AIM or can you use Yahoo Messagner, MSN and ICQ?

2. Can it plays MP3's? I use MP3's on my Treo650 as Ringtones is it possible for me to use Mp3's on the 8703e? If not, then how good is the sound quality of the ringtones.

3. Hows the web browsing with the 8703e? I use the Opera Mini Browser on the Treo and its really fast, It just tend to reset my phone from time to time.

4. Do I have to pay extra fess since its a BB? I heard that you need to pay an extra 40 dollars for the service, is this true? Or could I just stick with Sprints regular Vision Packge on the 8703e?

5. Does the keys really feel cheap? I was reading a review on CNet.com and the video review said that the keys feel cheap.

6. Hows the bluetooth? I tried using a Jabra headset on my Treo it was god awful, The headset wouldnt work if I had the phone in my pocket and it would have problems connecting with my headset.

7. I know the BB OS is stable but how much more stable then the Treo? Is it rare of you to ever have to reset your phone or is it something that you do on a weekly or daily basis?

8. Will it be that bad not having a camera on my phone? lol I find it really weird that a phone like this has no camera, I was actually thinking about going with the Motorola Q once it comes out for Sprint.

I know its alot of questions, hope you guys dont hate me for this. :-o
I know it supports mp3 ring tones according to the blackberry site. Alot of these questions are answers in other threads throughout the 8700 section in case you were not aware.

itsj
10-01-2006, 05:58 PM
read the hundreds of verizon pages for this phone or go on the website, and it will give you great detail of info about it.

MO3iusone
10-01-2006, 07:38 PM
read the hundreds of verizon pages for this phone or go on the website, and it will give you great detail of info about it.

Verizon? Yeah I have Sprint so I wanna see what the difference would be between the two carriers, if any.

pimp7100i
10-02-2006, 08:27 AM
the only real differnce is that the sprint version will support GPS and the verizon version will not. I'm Like you I want this phone real bad and i was like whats the difffernce and i did a side by side and that is the only difference all the other specs are the same.