PDA

View Full Version : T-Mobile or Not

Black
03-18-2005, 05:48 AM
Hello,
I am planning to buy 7230. I see in ebay, some are 7230 T-Mobile, some are not mentioned that they are T-Mobile.
What is the difference between a 7230 T-Mobile and a 7230 Normal ?
If I buy a normal one, can I upgrade it to T-Mobile in the future?
Thank you

vinniet
03-18-2005, 09:59 AM
Black,

I have a TMO 7230 so I can not talk about the other carriers. But if it is from TMO (has the TMO sticker below the keyboard) then I would activate it on there network. The network is good and they seem to always unlock the unit so you can go elsewhere. I would also ask if the unit has already been unlocked then you also can go anywhere.

Black
03-18-2005, 10:25 AM
Thank you for your reply.
They are usually mentioned that they are sim-lock free(unlocked) so does it mean that it is T-Mobile ?

T-Mobile = NONE barrier to connect to other network ?
is it correct?

BTW: are you satisfied with your 7230?

harleyxlc
03-18-2005, 10:31 AM
If they say it is T-Mobile, I would assume that means it IS locked to T-Mobile adn cannot be used on other networks. T-Mobile will unlock a phone if you have been a customer for over 90 days. This would allow you to use it on other networks (like Cingular). There are usually other little tweaks that have to made, as carriers tend to put carrier-specific applets/features on the phones.

jacobsaa
03-22-2005, 03:25 PM
I have T-Mobile as well. So far, the service has been great, the handheld is more amazing that I thought it would be, with cool features, and for the price, you cant beat it. Other carriers start at near $100 (i believe) and T-Mobile gives you a flexible low cost option for plans that include either 1000 or 1500 minutes and unlimited data. The prices are $60 for the former, $70 for the latter. The BES service is $5 more i believe per plan - possibly 10. Oh, and their customer service is excellent.

GO WITH T-MOBILE.

rambo47
03-22-2005, 08:57 PM
Count me as another happy T-Mobile customer! They're network is very reliable and I've not experienced any major outages in 6 or 8 months with my Blackberries. I have a 7230 and recently upgraded to the larger screen 7730. One of the reasons I switched from Verizon to T-Mobile back in my "cell phone - only days" was customer service and support. One too many calls to Verizon's billing department convinced me anything else was better than them. Recently I've been hearing about persistent losses of network service with Verizon as well.

earpon
04-13-2005, 06:53 PM
Count me as another happy T-Mobile customer! They're network is very reliable and I've not experienced any major outages in 6 or 8 months with my Blackberries. I have a 7230 and recently upgraded to the larger screen 7730. One of the reasons I switched from Verizon to T-Mobile back in my "cell phone - only days" was customer service and support. One too many calls to Verizon's billing department convinced me anything else was better than them. Recently I've been hearing about persistent losses of network service with Verizon as well.

T-Mobile.. that's it. I've been a Cingular Wireless customer for 1 year and have had billing problems with them and I just could not stand the fact that I could not send SMS to my buddies overseas and it really took a while for them to be stuck in the CDMA network here in Orlando. It just sucks.

As for T-Mobile? Their customer service is just purely 100% greatness. That's all I can say. The phones? They could do better on getting the first releases of cool phones and getting it over to the masses.