PDA

View Full Version : Vodaphone Today glitch on 8703e

jgb@etree
10-03-2006, 10:55 AM
I've encountered a small glitch when running the Vodaphone Today theme - Hopefully someone can help..

The Call Log, Messages and Calendar work fine on the Today screen - they show my new/unopened items, and once the items are opened or the meeting time has passed, they disappear from my home screen. The problem is with SMS. Even after a SMS is marked read, or deleted, the message still shows on the home screen. If i reboot the device, it goes away. Anyone know of a way to fix this?

tjewell73
10-03-2006, 01:55 PM
I've encountered a small glitch when running the Vodaphone Today theme - Hopefully someone can help..

The Call Log, Messages and Calendar work fine on the Today screen - they show my new/unopened items, and once the items are opened or the meeting time has passed, they disappear from my home screen. The problem is with SMS. Even after a SMS is marked read, or deleted, the message still shows on the home screen. If i reboot the device, it goes away. Anyone know of a way to fix this?

Yeah, I noticed this also when I was running the Vodaphone theme. I just switched to another theme. It would be nice if someone could fix it though.

dc/dc
10-03-2006, 02:42 PM
It's VODAFONE.

thatboiwes
10-03-2006, 11:11 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 8700c: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

This is a well known problem with the theme and I have posted a temporary solution several times. But I will post it again because I'm not one of those guys who know the answer to something but don't tell because they are mad that you didn't seach.

Anyways...

When you have a SMS that stays on the screen, don't delete it, atleast not before doing this or you will have to restart your device. To remove the SMS, just open it and mark it as unread then go right back and mark it as read. That will get it off of the home screen.

Just so you know, there are some search nazis on here. Usually, you can find the answer to your problem by searching for it.

Hope that helps you.

jgb@etree
10-04-2006, 06:17 AM
Thank you so much! While I am usually pretty good at searching before asking, it never even crossed my mind that someone else might have already posted on the topic.... I was thinking that it was a brand new theme for the 8703e, but it's a generic 87xx theme.

This makes the Vodafone Today theme a lock for me.