PDA

View Full Version : Browser lost - an illegal message??

lostinbubbles
10-04-2006, 04:27 PM
Hi all,

I have 8700 from Rogers. And this problems keeps happening and the technicians on the phone can't solve it after numerous resets and backup/restore etc. I have no icons on 'hide', we've registered the host reouting table, check the service book, my sim card and account are all up to date and can provide the service. When I remove the SIM card and place it in a friend's blackberry this problem doesn't happen.

This is the message I get after I reset the phone:

“uncaught exception: java.lang.illegal State Extion”
And then the 3 browsers are all 'gone' from the main screen. I have no problem accessing emails /address book etc. all the other functions seems fine.

This problem started after I downloaded a 'weather' on demand on the blackberry.

Any advice on how to solve this problem would be much appreciated!

Have a great day!

:smile:

Stinsonddog
10-04-2006, 04:33 PM
Try wiping the device and reinstalling the OS, and then see if it goes away. I think you corrupted the OS. Search here on how to do that.

lostinbubbles
10-04-2006, 04:47 PM
Thank you. How do I 'wipe' the OS?

:)

paulbblc
10-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Use JL_Cmder option #5, to completely erase the handheld operating system and reinstall OS.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/18789-jl_cmder.html#post122727

lostinbubbles
11-24-2006, 09:35 AM
Hi all,

I have 8700 from Rogers. And this problems keeps happening and the technicians on the phone can't solve it after numerous resets and backup/restore etc. I have no icons on 'hide', we've registered the host reouting table, check the service book, my sim card and account are all up to date and can provide the service. When I remove the SIM card and place it in a friend's blackberry this problem doesn't happen.

This is the message I get after I reset the phone:

And then the 3 browsers are all 'gone' from the main screen. I have no problem accessing emails /address book etc. all the other functions seems fine.

This problem started after I downloaded a 'weather' on demand on the blackberry.

Any advice on how to solve this problem would be much appreciated!

Have a great day!

:smile:

Hi All,

Thank you for the reply. However, I still don't know how to 'download' what you said to do ....

I'm kinda new to all this ....

Do I: connect the USB cable to my computer, load up the desk top manager, back up ... then what next?

I've been to 3 Rogers Wireless stores and non of the technicians there can work out what's wrong.

Every other items work ... just the browser is 'gone'. It's not hidden - it's just NOT THERE!!

HELP PLS PLS!!

THANK YOU!! :)

Lex Luthor
11-24-2006, 01:46 PM
Go to the link that paulbblc posted and download the JL_Cmder program. Then once that's done and you've installed it then connect your BlackBerry and in the program choose the wipe handheld option. Once your BlackBerry has been wiped clean it will have no OS on it at all.

Download the lates OS for your BlackBerry and install it onto your computer then open up the desktop manager and connect your BlackBerry and reload the OS. Leave your BlackBerry connected via USB during the OS load and once its loaded everything should be back to normal.

lostinbubbles
12-07-2006, 06:12 PM
Hi All,

I have downloaded the JL_Cmdr as suggested. Wiped, then reinstalled the OS.

Browser is finally back on screen. But I still get that message:

And now a second problem happened on my MS Outlook where I download my yahoo messages to the laptop.

The blackberry would receive all the messages. But MS Outlook spits out the following error message:

"
Task 'pop.mail.yahoo.com - Receiving' reported error (0x80042110) : 'Your POP3 server is providing inconsistent information. The number of messages returned by the STAT command does not match the number of items returned by the UIDL or LIST commands. Contact your POP3 or Internet service provider.'

Help and your advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you!!

jsconyers
08-08-2007, 09:42 AM
One of my staff members had this error on his device this morning. He had the device powered off and when he powered it on his icons were missing and the uncaught exception: java.lang.illegal State Exception error popped up. From the previous post it shows that he wiped and reinstalled the OS and still got the error. I was wondering if anyone had this error and the wipe and reinstall worked successfully?

wurmng05
08-08-2007, 05:17 PM
i'm having the same sort of problems on a day to day basis and nothing seems to be a good enough fix to even last a week!