PDA

View Full Version : syncing multiple outlook calendars

sadeyedlady
10-05-2006, 10:42 AM
Hi--I am trying to do this within the restrictions of my company's BB policy, so any help is appreciated.

I have a BB 7290 that runs on my company's BES. My WORK email and calendar are all synched to the device. My problem: I have "trained" my hubby to input all of our family calendar items into our HOME Outlook email account. (We have 3 kids and are very busy with family outings, soccer, doctor/ortho appts, school events, etc.) Because of this arrangement, I have historically kept all of my personal calendar items on my HOME Outlook account and all of my work-related calendar items onto my WORK Outlook account. (Editorial comment: When I had my Palm tungsten, it was easy & stress free to dual-sync that device to both my work and home email accounts.)

I would like to be able to sync the HOME Outlook calendar, tasks, etc. (everything except the email folders) to my WORK Outlook calendar. Our BB admin does not allow us to dual-sync between two computers, but he has not expressed a problem with forwarding items, etc., into my WORK Outlook as necessary.

My question: Can anyone think of a way to set up automatic forwards of my HOME Outlook calendar, tasks, etc., folders into my WORK Outlook account? I am trying to make this as simple and as automatic as possible. Believe me, it was a Leviathan task just getting hubby to input the darn items in the first place!!!!

Any other ideas as to how I can accomplish this? Our IT Admin has traditionally been very lenient in terms of managing these issues, and I don't want to p!ss him off unnecessarily, but I need a fix soon.

I realize this may be more of an Outlook than a BB question, but I have been trying for weeks to figure out an answer to this question without result and thought that you folks may have some ideas.

Thanks for any information/helpful links, etc.....

Ideasmiths
10-06-2006, 12:37 AM
My question: Can anyone think of a way to set up automatic forwards of my HOME Outlook calendar, tasks, etc., folders into my WORK Outlook account? I am trying to make this as simple and as automatic as possible. Believe me, it was a Leviathan task just getting hubby to input the darn items in the first place!!!!

Any other ideas as to how I can accomplish this? Our IT Admin has traditionally been very lenient in terms of managing these issues, and I don't want to p!ss him off unnecessarily, but I need a fix soon.

I realize this may be more of an Outlook than a BB question, but I have been trying for weeks to figure out an answer to this question without result and thought that you folks may have some ideas.

Thanks for any information/helpful links, etc.....

My simplest solution is to use Plaxo (http://www.plaxo.com)
Use the free version,

What I can think of is to use plaxo to sync with your outlook at home. it will automatically update your plaxo calender when your hubby keys it in. Then in the office you need to install also the plaxo on your own laptop and sync it when you are in the office.

If you want to sync while on the move, I guess you need to pay for the premium membership. If not, free version should works well.

Does this solve the problem (based on my understanding).