PDA

View Full Version : Switching employers

dlbrock
10-06-2006, 10:33 AM
I am changing employers and going from Microsoft Exchange with BES to Lotus Notes with BES. I am the sys admin at my current job but will not be at my new job.

My question is when I activate my personal 8700c on the new employer's BES will it wipe out my current address book on my 8700c? I already have an Outlook pst file saved off line in case it does wipe it out.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Doug

bertiebassett
10-06-2006, 10:41 AM
even if is a personal device, if you had it connected to my BES I'd insist on nuking it before you left. Obviously if you're the admin then you can set your own rules, but then newco might recommend/suggest/enforce a wipe prior to adding it to their BES.

Why not just sycn it to a home machine?

Also make sure you set your IT policy back to default as these are a pig to get rid off once you've dropped off the BES

|||||||
10-06-2006, 10:42 AM
You have to wipe if before putting it on the new BES or else the IT policy will fail.

d_fisher
10-06-2006, 10:45 AM
It is possible that the device will prompt you to wipe it when you start the activation. I would recommend that you use Desktop Manager to make a complete backup, wipe it clean, and restore your address book and any thing else you want to restore. After doing this, your address book will be merged into your Lotus Notes address book during the activation process.

jibi
10-08-2006, 03:57 PM
Just be sure to restore the address book PRIOR to activating it on the new BES, else you'll have to take a few extra steps (turn off Wireless Synchronization of Address Book, restore data, turn on Wireless Synchronization).