PDA

View Full Version : address book questions

floattube
10-06-2006, 02:47 PM
I have a BB 7130e that I synchronize with Outlook. Two questions:

1) On the BB, the address book displays names alphabetized by first name. I would prefer to alphabetize by last names, but don't know how to make the change. This is not a problem within Outlook because I can customize the sort order in Outlook, but the sort order remains the same (first name) on BB. How to change the BB sort order?

2) Outlook lets me maintain several different contacts folders, e.g., one folder for phone numbers of friends and a second for phone numbers of businesses. I prefer to have several different contact folders rather than one big folder because it cuts down the time for retrieving information about a particular entry. Assume that one contacts folder is called Contacts and the other is called Other. Is it possible to transfer and sync several different contacts folders on the BB? I would like to have the Contacts folder sync with the Address Book on BB, and the Other folder be available somewhere else on the BB, e.g., under Tools. Is this possible?

Need
10-06-2006, 03:20 PM
1) Go into address book, click wheel, select option, change sort order to last name.

bremere
10-06-2006, 03:24 PM
To your first question: Go into your address book and click the trackwheel in....click on OPTIONS...then change the first setting from first name to last name.

As to your second question, you can use the "groups" options inside the address book to seperate out personal/business/etc.....but don't ask me too much about it...i tried to use it and now can not find any of my addresses

:(

-emb

PhilMax
10-06-2006, 04:16 PM
To your first question: Go into your address book and click the trackwheel in....click on OPTIONS...then change the first setting from first name to last name.

As to your second question, you can use the "groups" options inside the address book to seperate out personal/business/etc.....but don't ask me too much about it...i tried to use it and now can not find any of my addresses

:(

-emb
Maybe you've set a filter? While in the address book go into the menu and there should be a filter option listed. Click on that and see if any of the options have been selected.

bremere
10-06-2006, 04:20 PM
Maybe you've set a filter? While in the address book go into the menu and there should be a filter option listed. Click on that and see if any of the options have been selected.

all better.....had a address group that was blank as the default.....it was a stupid mistake

-emb

floattube
10-06-2006, 06:36 PM
Perhaps the filter option will work but this will take some reorganization of my data. I presently have data in several different contacts folders, one named Contacts and others with other names. I was hoping to put all of these folders on my Blackberry and find a way to switch among them. Your suggestion requires that I create one big contacts folder with all of the data in it with distinctions made in terms of categories of entries. I was hoping not to have to go this route, but perhaps it is inevitable.

Ideasmiths
10-06-2006, 10:32 PM
2) Outlook lets me maintain several different contacts folders, e.g., one folder for phone numbers of friends and a second for phone numbers of businesses. I prefer to have several different contact folders rather than one big folder because it cuts down the time for retrieving information about a particular entry. Assume that one contacts folder is called Contacts and the other is called Other. Is it possible to transfer and sync several different contacts folders on the BB? I would like to have the Contacts folder sync with the Address Book on BB, and the Other folder be available somewhere else on the BB, e.g., under Tools. Is this possible?

With Desktop Manager 4.2 you are able to synchronize more than one Outlook folders, see my Blog (http://tinyurl.com/nj3lt) for a step by step example