PDA

View Full Version : Someone is Full Of Crap!!

jungleland
10-07-2006, 10:30 AM
Someone is full of it....

Enhanced Network - Cingular Wireless (http://cingular.com/enhancedNetwork?WT.svl=img4)

http://www.t-mobile.com/promotions/coverage1.aspx

Stinsonddog
10-07-2006, 10:32 AM
It's all relative to where you are standing. I am sure that is true at corp HQ and their main site in each of those 35 cities. Ain't democracy and the first amendment great.

jungleland
10-07-2006, 10:33 AM
It's all relative to where you are standing. I am sure that is true at corp HQ and their main site in each of those 35 cities. Ain't democracy and the first amendment great.

Words and numbers...You can make them say and do anything....

Stinsonddog
10-07-2006, 10:38 AM
Words and numbers...You can make them say and do anything....

Ain't that what accountants are for?

joaquin654
10-07-2006, 06:47 PM
this is great . verizon is #1 in call clarity ... cingular is #1 in call clarity ... t-mobile is #1 in call clarity ... sprint is soon to be #1 in call clarity too i'm sure .... i just have 1 question for you guys ........ if everyone is #1 , then who is #2 ..... or even #3 ? :razz: hahhahahahahha ...... i wish i had these type of numbers at my business , so when the CEO comes into my office i can tell him , " Hey Tom , i know so-in-so is number 1 and everything , but we TOO are number 1 . :-o hahaha

Guitarded
10-07-2006, 06:59 PM
I have never had any issues with the quality of my service or the quality of my calls with T-mobile.

Roughtrader
10-07-2006, 11:45 PM
If yours in sales you strech the truth... bend the rules... you know that.
like cingulars big add with the least droped calls? Yes its true in one market they had the least. The next week its a nation wide advertisment. Needles to say they dont say fewest droped calls in Martin GA and surrounding area like real report said. Its nation wide!

Anyone ever heard of martin ga? lol

roofus
10-08-2006, 06:36 AM
this is great . verizon is #1 in call clarity ... cingular is #1 in call clarity ... t-mobile is #1 in call clarity ... sprint is soon to be #1 in call clarity too i'm sure .... i just have 1 question for you guys ........ if everyone is #1 , then who is #2 ..... or even #3 ? :razz: hahhahahahahha ...... i wish i had these type of numbers at my business , so when the CEO comes into my office i can tell him , " Hey Tom , i know so-in-so is number 1 and everything , but we TOO are number 1 . :-o hahaha

I thought Avis was number 2?

dkf747
10-09-2006, 07:10 AM
I have noticed T-Mobile's coverage improving. I don't know how much, but it is better than it used to be.

jddphd
10-09-2006, 10:45 AM
Read this article from the Boston Globe:
The fewest dropped calls - The Boston Globe (http://www.boston.com/business/articles/2006/04/23/the_fewest_dropped_calls/)

Greg8700G
10-09-2006, 11:00 AM
I have never had any issues with the quality of my service or the quality of my calls with T-mobile.

I agree with you. I went from sprint to TMO and I have no complants beisides night and weekend starting at 9! Wish it was 7

hades
10-09-2006, 11:21 AM
I definitely don't think that there is a clear cut winner...just better providers in different areas. You should just go with the one that gives you the services you want and the coverage you need.

The only clear differences in my opinion lay in the bandwidth speeds.

JeffAUV
10-09-2006, 11:45 AM
I read that article posted above by jddphd and I would bet Cingular ranks so low overall due to their less than stellar customer service. My reception is about the same between T-Mo and Cingular, but I just get the feeling that T-Mo is the only one thaty actually cares whether or not they retain me as a customer.

Liv
10-09-2006, 11:50 AM
I totally agree on the whole "it depends where your located" idea.

In San Antonio Sprint, TMo, Verizon, Nextel, Cing even Alltel are all great working services.

It is usually the case for all big cities.

However, in Boston Kentucky every single carrier sucks, except Nextel...and I hate Nextel.

woodi68
10-09-2006, 04:33 PM
Well, ALL cities aren't created equal apparently. In all of the Puget Sound (that's the Seattle and south of Seattle area) the Cingular service SOOO inconsistent! I have had several dropped calls per day and even MORE calls that wouldn't go through because of "network congestion". TERRIBLE. I dropped Cingular and went to Verizon. As a plus, I now have EVDO with 50 times faster internet connection speed and, after 1 month so far, not one dropped call.

ndub33
10-09-2006, 04:57 PM
...and people wonder why the wireless industry has such a bad image. truth is, your probablity for having a dropped call is dependant on the placement and "pointing" of cell sites, the terrain immediately surrounding you, capacity during any given time of day, and yes, the quality and condition of your handset.

I think that carriers have just about run out of leverage in using this as a marketing tool. Fact is, nobody seems to be able to substantiate their claims of "fewest dropped calls" or "best overall network".

Greg8700G
10-10-2006, 08:52 AM
I read that article posted above by jddphd and I would bet Cingular ranks so low overall due to their less than stellar customer service. My reception is about the same between T-Mo and Cingular, but I just get the feeling that T-Mo is the only one that actually cares whether or not they retain me as a customer.

I agree on that. The way they hanlde the situations on the phone is outstanding.