PDA

View Full Version : unable to connect desktop and handheld

dlbrock
10-07-2006, 09:36 PM
I have had an 8700c on BES (I am the admin) for four months. I am changing jobs so I removed my BES account and wiped my handheld. I uninstalled the Desktop software (version 4.2) and re-installed the desktop software. I chose the BIS option when re-installing the software. The handheld is working fine but when I attempt to connect to the desktop software it connects and then within a few seconds it fails and gives an error stating "Unable to connect the handheld device. Check your connection and try again". This worked when I was under BES. Is it possible that there are registry entries lurking around from the BES configuration that is causing issues with the new BIS config?

Thanks,

Doug

JerryD
10-09-2006, 05:21 AM
I have had an 8700c on BES (I am the admin) for four months. I am changing jobs so I removed my BES account and wiped my handheld. I uninstalled the Desktop software (version 4.2) and re-installed the desktop software. I chose the BIS option when re-installing the software. The handheld is working fine but when I attempt to connect to the desktop software it connects and then within a few seconds it fails and gives an error stating "Unable to connect the handheld device. Check your connection and try again". This worked when I was under BES. Is it possible that there are registry entries lurking around from the BES configuration that is causing issues with the new BIS config?

Thanks,

Doug
It sounds like your BES had an IT Policy that's preventing the device from connecting. To apply an IT Policy with all the settings cleared, follow the directions at: Unlocking the Blackberry (http://blackberry.ig3.net/)