PDA

View Full Version : 3rd aprty apps: (1) word compeletion; (2) wallet

Pepper
03-19-2005, 12:35 PM
I am coming to BB from years of IPAQ with quite a few 3rd aprty apps. On balance, given the corporate email needs, I like the BB.

(1) Is there a good word recognition/completion app out there that (a) recognizes the word before you type it so yuo don't have to type the whole word; and (b) allows you to add words to a dictionary (names, unique word or acronyms for the work that I do, etc.) ?

(2) Is there a good e wallet app that allows secured savings of persona infromation.

I have looked at the handango site and read the descriptions, but am looking for persons with actual experience with the app.

Thanks

GTNTP
03-19-2005, 08:58 PM
I did the same thing of switching from an IPAQ HP 6315 to the blackberry and had the same concerns and questions.

1. The built in Suretype is actually a word completion software. If you trust the software it will most often complete the word as you type. Only if the word is not common or technical will it not get it right I have found.

2. I too used E-Wallet on the IPAQ and wanted a similar program for the BB. After upgrading the OS to 4.0 I started by using the default password keeper that is already installed. It is pretty good but basic in its form.

I then tried several other 3rd party softwares from handango and this is what I found:
A. Don't bother with My-Safe. It does not do what they tout that it will do. and it has other quirks that make it almost unusable. I have asked for a refund on that 30.00 program.
B. I tried M-wallet which was only 5.50 and is actually the better of the two. I does have limitations though in that it will not allow you to customize the categories. It has several already and they fit most everything but I wanted other categories like travela nd hotels and such. It has good icins and works well.
C. I am going to try the demo of CryptMagic in the next several days and will let you knwo how it goes.

The default is housing all my info for now.

Stinsonddog
03-19-2005, 10:38 PM
The problem for me is I have a 100 passwords. I need a desktop client that can sync and can import reliably from my Splash ID product's export to excel. Keep posting what you find or start a new thread please. Dynoplex makes one but I think the customizations are limited.

Or if someone wrote something that could be uploaded to the BB as the data file for Password Keeper that would be good.

Pepper
03-20-2005, 11:45 AM
I did the same thing of switching from an IPAQ HP 6315 to the blackberry and had the same concerns and questions.

1. The built in Suretype is actually a word completion software. If you trust the software it will most often complete the word as you type. Only if the word is not common or technical will it not get it right I have found.

2. I too used E-Wallet on the IPAQ and wanted a similar program for the BB. After upgrading the OS to 4.0 I started by using the default password keeper that is already installed. It is pretty good but basic in its form.

I then tried several other 3rd party softwares from handango and this is what I found:
A. Don't bother with My-Safe. It does not do what they tout that it will do. and it has other quirks that make it almost unusable. I have asked for a refund on that 30.00 program.
B. I tried M-wallet which was only 5.50 and is actually the better of the two. I does have limitations though in that it will not allow you to customize the categories. It has several already and they fit most everything but I wanted other categories like travela nd hotels and such. It has good icins and works well.
C. I am going to try the demo of CryptMagic in the next several days and will let you knwo how it goes.

The default is housing all my info for now.

Thanks, but by word completion I mean where the BB would recognize a name or word or acronym BEFORE you enter in all of the letters--for example if you were typing in "encyclopedia" it would recognize it in advance after the 3rd or 4th letter (as the logic sees fit based upon words in knows or special words/acroynms saved by me) and show "encyclopedia" as a word to choose. On IPAQ I downloaded Tengo keyboard and it had this functionality..was great. I don't hink BB out of the box does this but perhaps I am missing something.

bigdongers
03-21-2005, 07:50 AM
Thanks, but by word completion I mean where the BB would recognize a name or word or acronym BEFORE you enter in all of the letters--for example if you were typing in "encyclopedia" it would recognize it in advance after the 3rd or 4th letter (as the logic sees fit based upon words in knows or special words/acroynms saved by me) and show "encyclopedia" as a word to choose.

I would love this feature too!