PDA

View Full Version : OWA and BIS -- Invalid Email account

10-10-2006, 11:56 PM
All:

I have looked high and low for an answer for this problem.....I have been happily receiving emails on my BB for months with no issue. Recently, my corporate email no longer works (showed as invalid). after several attempts to re-validate it, i deleted it and tried to re-add, and no matter what I do, I it will not re-add it.

I am using BIS 2.0 thru VZW and had the email account set up as a OWA account. I have talked to both my tech support (said I needed to talk to VZW) and VZW (who said I need to talk to my corporate tech support), so you can see where I am.

I have 2 other email accounts set up through the same interface with no problems.

I have also tried the redirector, again, no luck.

BTW, the company also turned off the forwarding option within outlook that would have allowed me to forward messages to the BB.

Once again, i turn to the vast knowledge of this board for an answer. Any suggestions?

BERDucky
10-11-2006, 02:14 AM
1) confirm you can still access your OWA account from your home computer - not work one (want to make sure you can do so outside your your work inernal network)
2) if you have alot of email (more then 1000) in your inbox move them to a seperate folder
3) try integrating again - if it fails call Verizon and if they can't help have them call RIM for you

kasperapd
10-11-2006, 06:07 AM
You may also want to verify that your company did not change the web address to the OWA.

10-11-2006, 10:17 PM
I can still access OWA from other computers. I tried it on 2 others. Seems to be working still. I do have about 500 email on my inbox, will reduce that and see if it has an effect. I am trying a few other items, but I will call VZW again til I get a tech that can help.

rdy2taxi
10-13-2006, 08:43 AM
Similar problem here. We have everyone using BIS 2.0 to connect via OWA to their mailbox. A few BIS user accounts would go invalid every day, but would validate after a couple retries.

Those users did not have continuous, 24x7, logon privileges to my network.

Ask your network admin what logon hours are allowed for your account. On many networks, users don't have 24x7 network access by default.