PDA

View Full Version : Can I have SMS messages popup a notification?

lennysan
10-11-2006, 05:46 PM
When I get SMS messages, I currently have to scroll around to get to the Messages inbox, then get to the top of the list, and then click twice with the thumbwheel to open it. I get a lot of SMS messages (get alerts about downtime events), and I would like SMS messages to work more like they do on less sophisticated phones, where it pops up a message that lets you get to the sms with one click (i.e. Nokia phones).

Is anyone aware of a setting, or a utility, I can use to make it easier to get to new SMS messages?

Thank you guys in advance!

jgb@etree
10-11-2006, 06:28 PM
Probably not what you're looking for, but the Vodafone today theme offers easy one touch access on the home screen to Vmail, Call Log, Messages, SMS & Calendar (as well as listing most recent messages just below the indicator)

Ex:

Voicemail
Missed Calls [# New]
7:25PM 212-555-1212 (or their name if they are in your address book
Messages [# New]
7:25PM From Field - Subject of email
SMS [# Unread]
7:25PM 212-555-1212 - Your SMS msg here

Calendar
10/11 Meeting Info Here - Meeting Location here

mjb1206
10-11-2006, 06:54 PM
jgb@<hidden>,

IS THERE A WAY TO ADD MORE ICONS TO THE VODAFONE TODAY HOME SCREEN THEME? SEEMS THERE ARE ONLY 4 OR 5, AND I WOULD LIKE MORE ON THE HOME SCREEN

THANKS,

MATT

jgb@etree
10-11-2006, 06:59 PM
jgb@<hidden>,

IS THERE A WAY TO ADD MORE ICONS TO THE VODAFONE TODAY HOME SCREEN THEME? SEEMS THERE ARE ONLY 4 OR 5, AND I WOULD LIKE MORE ON THE HOME SCREEN

THANKS,

MATT

I haven't tried, but I dont think so.

Out of curiosity, what are you trying to add?

lennysan
10-11-2006, 07:01 PM
Ya that unfortunately isn't what I'm looking for. Another way to describe it is to have an alert like when you miss a call or when there is a calendar reminder. It would summarize the SMS message, and give you quick access to the message.

mjb1206
10-11-2006, 07:02 PM
Would like to have Contacts, Messages, Call Log, E-Mail Account, E-Mail Account, SMS/MMS.

I'm just using the regular Vodafone theme, which I like alot.

jgb@etree
10-11-2006, 07:04 PM
Would like to have Contacts, Messages, Call Log, E-Mail Account, E-Mail Account, SMS/MMS.

I'm just using the regular Vodafone theme, which I like alot.

Now that you mention it, not having one button access to contacts is kinda irritating.

Maybe i'll consider switching the left side key to access my contacts instead of profiles, since it's always on silent anyways....

mjb1206
10-11-2006, 07:05 PM
ONE OTHER QUESTION, IS THERE ANY WAY TO DELEATE A THEME OFF YOUR BLACKBERRY? I ACCIDENTLY DOWNLOADED THEMS THAT WERE FOR A DIFFERENT BLACKBERRY, AND SCREEN RESOLUTION IS NOT RIGHT FOR MY 8703.

THANKS ONCE AGAIN,

maTT

junior1790
10-11-2006, 09:00 PM
Hvae you checked out pocket day, some love it!!

Rich Lee
10-11-2006, 09:59 PM
If you disable "dial from homescreen", then there are shortcuts to all of these things...m = messages, k = keyboard lock, etc...it's not as intuitive, but after a while i guess it'll become automatic...(dunno I just changed my option myself)

BES4.0Admin
10-11-2006, 11:23 PM
ONE OTHER QUESTION, IS THERE ANY WAY TO DELEATE A THEME OFF YOUR BLACKBERRY? I ACCIDENTLY DOWNLOADED THEMS THAT WERE FOR A DIFFERENT BLACKBERRY, AND SCREEN RESOLUTION IS NOT RIGHT FOR MY 8703.

THANKS ONCE AGAIN,

maTT

yes, options > advanced options > applications > find the theme and use the wheel to delete it.

Pizzle
10-12-2006, 12:16 AM

THANKS ONCE AGAIN,

maTT

Please stop shouting.