PDA

View Full Version : Verizon & Blackberrys?

essay182
03-21-2005, 01:38 AM
Verizon's Blackberry plan seems very expensive at $49.99 per month for just the data portion! If anyone is reading this that has Verizon Wireless and a Blackberry, what is your monthly bill usually?

blkberryboy
03-21-2005, 08:16 AM
"1 million dollars...."
Dr. Evil
Seriously a co worker pays for just the data and has another cell phone since it would have cost him more to combine the phone and BlackBerry plans

Talldog
03-21-2005, 08:48 AM
Cingular unlimited BB data is 44.99.

badger
03-21-2005, 09:21 AM
I combined my phone to my new blackberry and my bill will only be about $130 a month. I have two phones on my plan. One being an LG and one being the blackberry. The plan includes 1000 minutes plus the data for the blackberry. I was paying that for just two phones with internet at Sprint. Think about it this way though. Verizon's network is the largest around so you pay a little bit extra for the best.

Tobey Cook
03-21-2005, 09:45 AM
I recently bought a 7250 from Verizon. I'm on a shared plan with my parents (so they can keep in touch with me easily) and my bill usually runs me about $60 (that includes my data plan, which is 49.99). Verizon by far has the best coverage. I don't get fantastic coverage in my apartment, but a lot of that has to do with the location of my apartment within my building.

essay182
03-21-2005, 05:15 PM
thats the problem. i live in two places and one STILL doesnt have GPRS so I'm not sure if its worth getting t-mobile just for data.

how does everyone like their verizon blackberrys?

ctdw
03-21-2005, 07:23 PM
I need to go with Verizon for one of my users. Do I also need the Mobile Web option, or just the unlimited BlackBerry service plus voice? We are using BES.

legalace
03-21-2005, 10:43 PM
I have the 800 minute with Unlimited Nights and Weekends plan Nationwide Long distance for 59.99. Verizon offers a 5.00 discount for the data plan if your monthly voice plan is 59.99 or more. So 104.98 is what I pay every month. With taxes its about $117.00.

dkmadrid
03-21-2005, 11:30 PM
I don't believe $49.99 per month is at all unreasonable for unlimited data usage. Remember, too, that you need to put use into perspective. I'm a communications consultant who is needs to be able to access work email even when travelling or not in the office. Plus, I make enough of a salary to where it's not too much of an inconvenience, the pros outweigh the cons. I would look seriously at what you intend to use the data portion of the BB for and with the pluses and negatives for your own situation.

geekman686
03-22-2005, 01:20 AM
I think that is the real question that potential BB users have to ask, is getting almost instant access to emails important enough for me to pay the monthly service fee?

I briefly had an AT&T BB 7290, the service fee was $49.99 per month for the unlimited BB plan. I returned that and got a Verizon wireless 7250, and it's service plan is $44.99 per month after signing a 2 year plan. I should remind everyone that neither plan includes voice minutes.

I think T-Mobile has the cheapest BB service plan at $29.99 per month, but service coverage map seems small compared to either Cingular/AT&T WS or Verizon Wireless.

blkberryboy
03-22-2005, 09:28 AM
I agree $49.99 isn't a lot for unlimited data, but when I pair it up with a voice plan, the price can get a little much for some of us that dont make the bigger saleries. Still, for the price I do like what T-Mobile has to offer.

aristobrat
03-22-2005, 11:06 AM
I think T-Mobile has the cheapest BB service plan at $29.99 per month, but service coverage map seems small compared to either Cingular/AT&T WS or Verizon Wireless.
Keep in mind that Verizon's DATA network coverage is *vastly* smaller than their voice network coverage. Cingular, by far, has the largest data network. T-Mobile's data network isn't much smaller than Verizon's.

Here's what Verizon shows for voice coverage:
http://cache.vzw.com/images_b2c/maps/national/ac_neast/wabalva.gif

Here's what they show for their data coverage:
http://cache.vzw.com/images_b2c/maps/national_access/na.gif

briandor
03-22-2005, 11:12 AM
I combined my phone to my new blackberry and my bill will only be about $130 a month. I have two phones on my plan. One being an LG and one being the blackberry. The plan includes 1000 minutes plus the data for the blackberry. I was paying that for just two phones with internet at Sprint. Think about it this way though. Verizon's network is the largest around so you pay a little bit extra for the best.

Wow. I got T-Mobile with the unlimited Blackberry plan and 1000 voice minutes per month and I'm only paying $60/mo. I get great coverage with T-Mobile, even better than the coverage I had with AT&T (Cingular Blue). I drive within about a 100 mile radius of my home and it is good all over. Guess I'm lucky.